Behind The Rocks (Rafe Cameron x Reader)

Start from the beginning

You've given hints, many of them for that matter. But they never got who it was. And you're starting to think that it's for the better. Maybe it's just a friendship that isn't meant to be, you know?

Your phone vibrates as you start getting closer to the beach and you see a text from Rafe, questioning if you're already at the party.

Going to the same parties as Rafe is risky, since, one day, one of you can always be too drunk and forget about the secrecy of the relationship. But it has worked for these past 7 months, so you two do trust each other.

"When are you going to show us who you're dating?" Kie asks you as you walk through the wooden bridge that indicates the entrance of the beach.

"Whenever I feel like doing it" You answer, already knowing how this conversation is going to end: JJ getting in and question you the whole night.

"JJ and Pope have a bet on him not being real" Kie says, making you look at her in confusion.

"Really?" You ask and she nods, "Wow, so now I'm dating an imaginary man?"

Kie laughs at your words and tone and you two walk over to the guys, which already have two cups of beer in their hands, ready to compete between themselves.

"Hello everyone," You say with a smile, making the guys look over at you.

They all answer back, and John B starts to count backwards starting from 3, once the word 1 rolls off his tongue, the three guys start chugging their beers. You look over at them in disgust as you see the beer rolling off their mouths to their chests.

Everyone is going to smell like beer now, nice.

You answer Rafe quickly and you thank the gods for hiding his name on your contacts to a cliché nickname, because JJ looked right at your screen, trying to read the messages.

"He's coming to the party?" JJ asks you and you immediately start cursing in your head.

"No, he's going to a frat party" You answer quickly before locking your phone and putting it back in your pocket.

Having your phone close to the guys makes you nervous, the amount of pictures you have with and of Rafe is embarrassing. His contact picture it's just his smiley face - but no one can really see it, only when he calls. (Something you two don't do when you're hanging out with the guys). So yeah, your phone is a ticking bomb. And they just need to know your password to find out everything.

JJ sends you a playful look before going to sit next to Kie and you go get a drink with Pope, who was completely ignored by the other members of the group.

As you two are walking to the kegger you notice the new group of people walking in the beach. A tone of tourists followed by the kooks.

You hear some pogues curse out loud when seeing them and you get your attention back to Pope as he starts a conversation.

"Y/N!" You hear someone scream loudly.

You look around to see Sarah running down the wooden bridge over to you. You open your arms as she gets closer and the impact of the dramatic hug almost sends you to the ground, which makes both you and Sarah laugh.

Pope smiles at the two of you and continues to fill his cup with beer.

Sarah steps away from you as you two were done with the hug and says a small 'hi' to Pope as she tries to calm down her breathing.

Sarah starts a conversation with Pope, and you notice how dark it's getting. You notice the people around you start lighting the torches around everyone, and a warm light surrounds all of you.