Rooftops and Fairylights

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Youse enjoyin yaself?" Jack asked as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Very much so." She whispered contentedly, shutting her eyes before sitting up straight again. "Cookies!"

"What?" Jack laughed as she started to struggle out of the blanket.

"Cookies, we need cookies if we're gonna watch a movie. And hot chocolate!" Katherine said, pulling him up and towards the kitchen.

Jack smiled and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. He rested his head on her shoulder and ran a finger up and down her stomach.

Katherine laughed and lent into his chest as she began to make hot chocolate. She left it to mix together whilst she went to look for cookies, Jack helping her grab them as they were on the top shelf.

"See?" She said once they were cuddled up on the sofa again. "This is much more fun than having a snowball fight."

Jack laughed and buried his face in her hair to hide his blush. "Maybe." He mumbled, trying to keep her hair out of his mouth.

Katherine laughed and laid down on the couch, smiling as Jack came to lay next to her, resting his head on her chest. She ran a hand through his hair and kissed the top of his head. "What movie are we watching?"

Jack just shrugged, slinging an arm around her waist. He nuzzled further against her chest and smiled as she continued running her hands through his hair. "Don't mind."

"The Grinch?"

"Hmm, yeah. Go ahead." Jack said, turning his head to look at the tv. He held her gently as she flicked on the movie.

----

Katherine groaned as Jack shook her awake, "Hmm what do you want?" She mumbled as he pulled her into a sitting position.

"It's snowing." Jack said, kissing her temple.

"And? It's been snowing all day." Katherine said grumpily, she did not take well to be waking up for no reason.

"Put on some pyjamas and meet me up on the roof." Jack pleaded, pulling her towards their bedroom.

Katherine turned to him, pouting softly. "But it's cold." She whispered, kissing his nose gently.

"Please Ace."

Katherine sighed and shrugged. "I'll be five minutes." She said with a smile as his whole face lit up.

"Yay! Thank you Ace." Jack said, pecking her lips gently before climbing onto the fire escape and disappearing into the snow.

----

"Jack?" Katherine called as she climbed out of the fire escape. "Honey?" She pulled her dressing gown tighter around her body and walked up the fire escape to the roof, almost slipping multiple times.

Jack appeared at the top of the fire escape, reaching down and helping her up. He brushed some snow off her red nose and kissed her forehead.

Katherine's eyes widened when he led her towards the fairy lights and steaming mugs of hot chocolate. "Wow." She said, smiling as he showed her the chairs he'd hidden away from the snow.

Jack picked her up, holding her against his chest. "See? The cold ain't that bad." He said, spinning her around before setting her down, making sure her feet didn't get too cold.

"It's beautiful Jack." She said, pulling him down on one of the chairs and sitting on his lap. She rested her head against his chest, taking the hot chocolate he handed her.