A triumphant grin grew on her face before she jumped from the wooden titan and began shooting in another direction. She flicked her head over her shoulder, a smug grin on her face as she watched his eyebrows furrow in rage. "You're too slow, Kirstein, speed up and you'll maybe do it right!"

"That's unfair!" He yelled loudly as he shot towards her, only slightly behind her now. "You heard me yell for that kill, had you not I would've got it!"

Isabel shrugged her shoulders, "I saw it before I heard you shout, regardless, I would've stole your kill anyway." Her response only seemed to anger him more.

"Jean! There's one over here!" Marco yelled from their far left before darting through the trees.

The pair stared at one another for a few seconds before they shot over to where Marco had disappeared off to. Isabel grinned as she fired ahead, using her gas up far too quickly. "Speed up, Kirstein, otherwise I may get your kill again!"

Jean watched carefully as she darted through the trees, silver plaits flying behind her in the wind. She seemed at ease when she was in the air, she was so quick. Without realising he had slowed down, just watching as she dashed through the air with excitement.

She flicked her head over her shoulder and rolled her eyes at him. "Do you want to get this kill or not?!" Her voice echoed through the trees around them. He shook his head quickly, regaining his need to out-do her.

Jean gripped his swords at his sides tightly before he shot forward, almost instantly catching up with her. He looked down at her before he attacked his gear with the titan, he shot up into the air and sliced the nape. "And that's how it's done!" He yelled.

"Nice," Isabel answered back, "but not as good as me!"

"As of this moment, you have three options open to you, choose wisely. The Garrison Regiment, whose job is to protect the walls. The Scout Regiment, who ride out into titan country to take back what was once ours. And the MP Regiment, maintaining law and order inside the walls. Those Cadets who are eligible for the MPs have already been named. The rest of you take a look, these are the top of your class!"

The Cadets stood in rows, each with their arms behind their backs and legs spread slightly apart. It was the final night of being Cadets for the 104th Cadet Corps, the air full with excitement and sadness. Many people were excited to finally get to where they had always dreamed, and some, like Isabel, were sad as they were going to have to leave the people they had grown the closest with.

In the first row stood the top 10 Cadets, they were a good few feet in front of the main rows and they stood proud. In first place came Mikasa Ackerman which was really no shock to anyone, next came Reiner Braun and Bertolt Hoover. In fourth and fifth came Isabel Smith and Annie Leonhart. After that, Eren Jaeger and Jean Kirstein, the latter rather angry he came after his rivals. Finally came Marco Bodt, Connie Springer and Sasha Braus.

The silver-haired girl grinned widely as she felt pride swell in her chest. She came fourth, they're going to be so proud, she thought as could only imagine their reactions to the news. Though Isabel worked hard and deserved her spot, she couldn't help but feel that she was taking someone else's place who may have wanted to join the MPs.

The Cadets were dismissed and Isabel couldn't help herself but jump up in joy, her arms flying around Annie's neck. "I did it! I did it, Annie!"

The blonde hesitantly wrapped her arms around the slightly taller girl's back. "You made the top ten. Have you considered my offer?"

Isabel sighed heavily as the recruits headed towards the mess hall. "You know I can't do that." She said quietly, after a few seconds of silence, she threw her arm over Annie's shoulder, a grin spread across her cheeks as she stared down at Annie. "I'll come visit you though? After every expedition, I promise!"

"Will you come visit us too then?" Marco asked as he turned and looked over his shoulder, Isabel nodded her head.

"Of course, Marco." She grinned. "Like you had a choice of me visiting."

The raven-haired boy smiled down. "And we can visit you when we have days off and you're not busy, isn't that right, Jean?"

"Yeah, right." The shorter boy scoffed, shaking his head. "Couldn't pay me to visit, Smith."

Isabel let out a sarcastic laugh as she entered the building, arm still over her blonde companion's shoulder. "See, Kirstein, you say this but you'll miss me when you don't get to see me everyday."

"If you say so." He waved his wrist dismissively as himself and Marco split up from Annie and Isabel. "I'll let you visit if you don't get eaten by the titans on your first expedition!"