Myria laughed with him, hugging him tightly. "How are you? How was the mission?"

Varian sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "Missions," He and Myria began to follow behind Sage as she led them down into the forest. "It was a simple recon, but they kept asking more of me. I would've told you if I knew I was going to be gone longer," He paused, shivering. "And mum. She screamed my ear off all last night, didn't even get a word in." He laughed.

"Your mother was always the loudest out of ours," Myria smiled fondly, remembering when the three of them used to be the only orphaned humans on Kashyyyk and their mothers would let them have play-dates. Sage had suddenly stopped. "Sage? What's up?" Myria placed a hand on her shoulder.

Sage stayed silent and pointed ahead. The pathway they usually took to the hideaway was bulldozed, troopers covered the area. "Shit," Varian cursed under his breath. "Another thing the Empire has taken from us." He spat.

The three turned around and began walking back to the cliffside. Sage huffed. "This is exactly why I joined Saw Gerrera. He's doing good here." Her eyes briefly met Myria.

Myria shook her head. "If that's another ploy to get me to join the cause, it failed, Sage," She crossed her arms, walking ahead of the two of them. "I told you how I feel. I can't trust myself out in the field and mom...I don't want to see how'd she react if I did."

Sage threw her head back with a frustrated groan. "I get you lost your memories, Ria, I do. But you can't keep letting it keep you from defending out home!"

Myria stopped, turning to look at her friends. Sage held her arms crossed against her chest and Varian seemed to look everywhere but at Myria. "You don't know what happened the last time I tried to help, do you?" Sage's face briefly fell. "I lost control — in the blink of an eye half of the battalion was dead and Saw forbid me from ever fighting for Kashyyyk again."

Varian's mouth dropped. "M-Myria, oh my god," He went to step towards her, but she jerked away. "How..how did that happen?"

The moment flashed in Myria's eyes — the blood, the screaming, the crying — she could never forget it. She wiped the incoming tears. "It doesn't matter because it will never happen again. I'm done fighting if it'll only cause others pain."

Sage watched her for a moment before sighing. "I'll take you home. I'm sorry about pushing you, Ria." She took Myria's arm softly, pulling her to the trail that led to the other vine crossing. Varian followed sadly.

When they reached the vines, they all paused momentarily. "I don't want you guys to be scared of me," Myria started softly. "I don't use those powers anymore, I've cut them off."

"Oh, Myria," Varian sighed. He stepped forward to give her a large hug. Myria accepted it gratefully, melting into his comforting embrace. "You could never scare us away."

"And where have you been?" The roaring voice of her mother started Myria as she entered the front door. She stood at 7'2, towering over her 5'5 daughter. What Myria found funny is that she was considered short for a Wookiee.

"H-Hi mum," Myria greeted nervously. She was cornered in the front hall. "I just needed so fresh air."

Her mother chuckled. "You expect me to believe that young lady? You were with Sage, weren't you?" Ever since she joined the rebels on Kashyyyk, her mother had begun to dislike Sage.

Myria rolled her eyes with a groan. "Mum," She sighed, trying to walk around her. "It was just a visit. Varian is back from the outer rim. We just wanted to hang at the garden like old times."

Her mother sighed, moving to sit in the large armchair. "The garden has been destroyed by the Empire." She looked at her daughter sadly.

"I know," Myria spat bitterly. "We found out a little too late. The place was crawling with troopers," She sat on the couch with a huff. "Everything is changing, and I can't trust myself to even help."

"Did Sage give you the speech again? About joining Saw?" Her mother asked sadly, remembering the events leading to Myria's social exile.

Myria laughed. "Like always," She sighed, glancing out the window as the sun rose. "I actually told her what happened, though."

Her mother sat forward, interested. "How'd she and Varian take it?"

"Better than most people," Myria chuckled bitterly. "It's nice to know they aren't scared of me, unlike most of this dreadful planet is," She felt her stomach growl and she cringed. "I'm gonna make some breakfast. You want anything?" She stood from her spot on the couch.

Her mother shook her head. "I have a meeting with Tarfful about the Empire tightening their grasp on the conservation lands," She stood as well, crossing the small living room in one step and wrapping her daughter in a hug. "Save some for me, I'll be back soon."

After her mother left, Myria got to cooking. Cooking was another favourite pastime of hers, it was simple and structured, nothing could go wrong. She made a simple egg dish, leaving enough for her mother to eat when she got back. Heading to her room, she sat on her small bed, legs crossed and calm. She could hear the drilling of the Empire in the distance as she ate, but she drowned it out with the calls of the native birds.

Moments alone were special to Myria — it allowed her to focus on her thoughts and powers — she hoped one day she would gain control of them again and help chase the Empire from her home and be accepted again. She had always had an urge to meditate, she didn't know why, but it helped centre herself and her thoughts. Myria closed her eyes, listening to the breeze and only the breeze until she was numb and at peace.

A loud bang, flashing red lights, bodies dropping, and in the middle of it, a man with red hair and a blue blade made of pure energy. His eyes met Myria's, they both gasped. "Can...can it be?" He mumbled, though somehow Myria could hear him clearly as if he were standing right next to her. "Myria?" Her name on his lips felt familiar, felt right.

"Cal?"

AUTHORS NOTE

Bold = Wookiee talking
Hello and welcome to my first short story! I'm trying to condense this to 15-20 chapters max and on Wattpad, that is considered short lmao. I hope you enjoyed Myria's introduction and I hope you continue to enjoy!

 I hope you enjoyed Myria's introduction and I hope you continue to enjoy!

sign-off gif by Raichia