𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

Before they could apparate away, a head of flaming red hair ran into view.

"Winnie, wait! It's me!"

"Lily?" Behind Lily, the girl from earlier emerged followed by two adults.

"Ah, you must be the Evans! Fleamont Potter," he said, stepping forward and greeting Lily's parents.

They happily returned the gesture and talked for a bit longer before her dad gave her a goodbye hug and apparated home.

Lily quickly led Winnie to her bedroom where Marlene sat waiting.

"Sorry about Tunia, you know how she is with all the magic and stuff."

Winnie nodded. "A real wanker."

"Elowen!" Lily scolded, but laughed all the same.

Winnie took the time to look around Lily's bedroom. It was a lot different than hers. It was mostly white, with a bookshelf and a ton of posters and photos on the walls. Winnie walked over to the wall above Lily's desk and examined the photos.

They were all black and white photos of Lily with her family and sister.

"Why aren't they moving?" Winnie asked. "Is your camera broken like mine? It bummed Mum out when the pictures came out still."

Lily laughed as Marlene came over to examine the still photos. "Muggle photos don't move. That's just a magic thing."

Winnie frowned. "But they'll get awfully lonely and bored, won't they?"

"No," Marlene said. "That's why Lily has so many photos next to each other, it's so they don't get lonely. It must still be boring."

Lily tried to explain to them the exact logistics of the photos and other Muggle items before giving up after seeing the look on their faces.

"Come on then, let's go out to Muggle London!" Lily said, grabbing a coat. Marlene and Winnie looked at one another excitedly and raced outside.

///

Muggle London was amazing, Winnie decided. Everything was much different than at Diagon Alley. It was amazing what the Muggles did to account for their lack of magic.

"I've still got some Christmas shopping to do," Marlene said, scanning the store names.

"Me too," Winnie chimed in. Lily also needed to get some things so they traveled to a ton of stores.

Winnie already had her gifts for everyone except for Sirius and Remus. She had managed to beg McGonagall for the Snitch James used in his first ever Quidditch game, but she was still clueless on what to get Sirius and at the last moment decided she wanted to get something different for Remus this year.

She was between her friends when she saw a store that read "Custom Embroidery". In the window, one of the manikins was wearing a black leather jacket that just looked so cool. She gasped and dragged the girls over.

"Look! For Sirius!"

Winnie entered the store and went up to the owner. "Hello Ma'am. I'd like the leather jacket please. With a custom design."

The owner was a cynical looking man with upturned skinny eyebrows and a large nose. He looked at her skeptically before retrieving the jacket.

"That will be 25 pounds."

It was Winnie's turn to look at him skeptically. Pounds? Instead she pulled out her bag, charmed with an untraceable expandable charm, and pulled out a large bag of Galleons.

"Do you have a scale?" Winnie asked, emptying the bag on the counter.

The owner looked at the money before shaking his head. "Are you thick, girlie? If you don't have the 25 pounds then yah can't get the jacket." Winnie bristled in annoyance. She was rich and could buy the store if she wanted.

"Listen sir, this is at least 25, if not 30 pounds! All you need is a scale, you'll see."

Lily and Marlene had heard the commotion and made their way over.

"Everything alright Winnie?" Lily asked, eyeing the man.

"He won't sell me the jacket. Says I can't pay, but this is more than 25 pounds. See?" Lily stared at the pile of Galleons and Sickles in amusement before turning to the shop owner.

"Excuse my friend, she's...foreign. You said 25?" Lily dug around in her bag and handed the man the money. "Tell him what you want on it, Win."

Still confused and annoyed, Winnie scooped her money and put it back in her bag before explaining to him what she wanted.

A few hours later, Winnie and the girls had finished their shopping successfully and made their way back to the Evans household where they stayed up watching something on the Vela-tishion thing.

Winnie fell asleep surrounded by warmth and happiness. At some point she woke up and groggily made her way to the window and looked out, stretching as she did.

Up in the sky, a star made its way across the darkness in a bright streak. A shooting star. Winnie smiled and closed her eyes, thinking of her wish.

"I hope things stay this way forever."

______

The next chapter or two are gonna be mostly light-hearted fillers before things start to pick up speed and intensity so hold on ;)