Chapter Three: Captain Kidd

I slowly wake up. I had another strange dream... Fate... and awakening...? More importantly... I need to hurry and get ready for school... I sigh and start preparing for school. I look outside. It's raining. I better pack an umbrella as well.

In a few minutes, I'm ready for school. Sojiro offers me some curry, but I politely decline, not feeling hungry. It takes me some time, but I make it to school safely. Makes me wonder what that castle was all about...

At one point, the rain outside stopped and the sun peeked outside a little. At first, I didn't notice it, but my skin actually started burning a bit. It was just light stinging, so it was more annoying than anything. I decided to ignore it. It's not too painful and it might be a side effect from that whole Persona thing. When the classes finish, I sigh as I get out of my classroom. I instantly hear a familiar voice call out to someone. I look in the direction of the voice and see Kamoshida call out to that blond girl.

"Hey there, Takamaki. You looking for a ride home? Things have been pretty dangerous lately with all those accidents."

"Sorry, I have a photoshoot today. It's for a special summer issue, so I can't afford to miss it..." she declines politely.

"Hey, now... Being a model's fine and dandy, but don't work pretty little self to the bone. You mentioned you weren't feeling well, right? Something about appendicitis?" he asks.

"Yes. I keep planing to go to the hospital, but I've been too busy... Sorry to worry you."

"You must be lonely too. I feel bad for keeping your best friend at practice so often. That's why I asked you out in the first place. Oh, and... be careful around that transfer student. He's got a criminal record, after all. If something were to happen to you..." 

"...Thank you. Please excuse me." And with that, she walks away, leaving Kamoshida unsatisfied with how the conversation went.

A few minutes after that, I'm heading to the gate of the school when I'm stopped by a voice. It's Ryuji.

"Yo." he walks up to me.

"What's up?" I ask casually.

"I wanna talk to you about that castle from yesterday. I tried telling myself it was all just a dream... but I couldn't do it. I can't act like nothing happened. It's all connected to that bastard Kamoshida, after all. I wanna find out what's up with that place, no matter what. And y'know, you're the only person I can rely on for this stuff. So, you in?" he asks me.

"Sure. What next?" I ask.

"Ooh... Looks like I managed to talk some sense into you. I think we should just try and retrace our steps from yesterday. In the meantime, you're walking to the station, right? Let's go together. Lemme know if you notice any other weird buildings on the way."I nod.

Ryuji doesn't seem like a bad guy I should just probably go along with this...

It takes us a few minutes, but soon enough, we're back at the place we first met. "If a huge castle like that really exists, I'm sure we'll find it in no time. When'd they build something like that though?" I shrug as he looks around. "We walked that way from here, right?"

"Maybe."

"When you put it that way, I'm not so sure anymore...All right, this way. Let me know if you notice something." he says as he starts walking and I follow him.

A few minutes later, we're back at the school entrance.

"Huh...? We're at school... There wasn't anything out of place along the way, right? I didn't see no castle either..." He groans. "We must've made a wrong turn somewhere. Let's try again."