Advancing

Ibe shifted, a sigh falling from his lips. His head pressed into the airplane seat, his head throbbing. 'How am I supposed to tell Eiji?' Eiji blinked up at his superior. Ibe hummed and closed his eyes, trying his best to relax. Eiji hummed back, readjusting himself on Ibe's shoulder. Eiji didn't care to ask what was wrong; it could wait.

"Eiji can't hear the news. It would break his heart. His first kiss, his best friend, the one I trusted to care for him, is gone. And Eiji is already broken up about leaving.' Ibe glanced out the window, silently praying to anyone who would listen.

'Please, let him live.'

--------------------------------

Eiji watched the walls; people blurred together, and the scenery dull. His mind was still lingering on Ash. The mysterious gang boss let him in. The squealing of a young girl rang through the blur of thoughts.

'Morī?' Eiji straightened his posture, his whole body spinning, looking for the young girl he knew. A pair of arms latched themselves onto Eiji's leg.

"Eiji!" She shrieked, her eyes frantic with bubbly tears.

"Morī!!" Eiji smiled, bending down to wipe his sister's tears.

The young girl hugged Eiji, forcing her face into his shoulder. Eiji plucked her up, cradling her head to his shoulder as he cooed. Eiji's parents came rushing from the crowd, a worried expression sporting their faces. Ibe stood a couple feet away from the family, admiring their relationship.

--------------------------------

Eiji hummed as he searched through his shirt drawer. One of Ash's tees came into view. Eiji stopped his fingers only inches above the fabric. His eyes glistened over, his throat tightening as he looked at it. The smell of summer ran under his nose, just barely noticeable.

Eiji grabbed the shirt, pulling it to his chest. His hands shook, his legs tingled, and the blood could not decide where it wanted to rush. 'Why?' Eiji let out a dry sob, the room caving in, the walls mixing into an uncertain blur.

The white was stained, red, white, and brown the only connection between it and the boy he missed was dwindling. Screams echoed within the walls of Eiji's body; after each sob, a tremor followed. Each shake just made his heart throb more. 'I hate missing you.'

The walls of his home never felt more foreign, and the world he grew up in never felt blander. The sun didn't satisfy him as it used to; the streets felt firmer. Every day dragged on like there was no tomorrow.

His stomach ached, anxiety eating away at the flesh. Nothing was real; it was just... there. Guilt never felt worse; the words he wrote constantly replayed. The pen he had used sat somewhere on his desk, not being touched. It could be contaminated.

The nagging of friends asking," When do we meet him?" Made Eiji want to die. The fake smile and a soft " Soon." Ate away, feeding into the emotions he never wanted to feel. The uncertainty never left his side; that was his new best friend.

Knock.

Eiji dropped the shirt, eyes going wide. His posture immediately changed, his hands dragging any tears that may be left off his face. He kicked the shirt somewhere, trying to sober himself from the pain.

"Hello?"

"May I come in?" Ibe called, his hand resting against the door knob.

"Sure."

Ibe opened the door, a soft smile sporting his face. Eiji smiled back, trying to hide the puffiness in his eyes. Ibe noted it but didn't interrogate it.

"How are you doing?" Ibe asked, stroking the back of his neck.

"I'm doing okay. How are you?"

Ibe flourished his hand as if he was saying "so-so." Eiji nodded and sat down, his body still shaky from the anxiety. Eiji hummed and looked out his window, becoming bored with the lack of conversation.

"Is there a reason you came?" Eiji asked, his hands rubbing his temples.

--------------------------------

Ash traced the window, his first memories of Eiji quietly playing in the background. 'One day, I will watch him vault.' Ash placed his palm on the edge of the cill, placing his forehead against the glass.

Too many days had been spent thing about his friend. The sunlight frequently calmed the blonde; his heart always set on Eiji. Ash turned, looking at the bed he had slept in for too many days; the certainty of every situation made him uncomfortable. The hairs on his arms stood on a delicate end.

He sat, pulling his legs under the blankets, adjusting himself as if that would make him comfortable. He dreamed of the day he could lay in the fields with Eiji again. The days when he could try to enjoy Eiji's cooking, the nights when he would be able to touch Eiji again.

The good memories came and went: bloodshed was next in line. Ash felt heavy: his body felt like it was being pressed down upon. Images of his friends and his family dying. Shorter lying on the floor, never knowing why Ash never got to explain. Skipper, who should have never been involved in something like that, dying because of some pedophile.

Ash flung himself from the bed, pulling his shirt up to wipe his face. His body was hit with tremors, each shake more severe than the last. His chest tightened as he tried to think of anything but. His eyes darted around the room, landing on the calendar in the corner. 'Is it finally Friday?'

Ash pulled his legs from under the covers, his feet grazing the cold floor. His legs were nowhere near ready to support him, but Ash didn't care. Ash moved to the calendar, a piece of the weight lifted from his shoulders. He was almost there, one step closer to seeing Eiji.

--------------------------------

Max looked at the last box. His pen checks the official document off his list. 'All this paperwork just to take this kid.' Max rose from his chair and walked toward the receptionist.

"I'm finished."

Aslan walked through the double doors of the hospital section, transporting his duffle bag of stuff. He walked to the desk and took the clipboard, confirming that Max was his guardian. The secretary scanned the paperwork and indicated her head to the blonde. Ash sighed and made his way over to his father.

"Ready to go, old man?"

Max stood, and the two exited the hospital. Ash was anxious and wanted to talk to his forbidden love as soon. Max was gonna offer Ash his phone but thought it would be more virtuous to let Ash ask for himself.

Max didn't want to disturb Aslan's mental state. Ash had healed physically, but no one knew about his mental state. Ash had refused to talk to any therapist and hated being alone with anyone.

The two arrived at the car, and Ash got in, no questions asked. Max cocked a brow but didn't declare anything.

"I wanna call Eiji," Ash mumbled, still focused on the scenery.

Max scrolled through his contacts, quickly finding Ibe. Max gave Aslan the phone as it rang. Aslan jabbed his fingers against Max's phone case, trying to wait and not become angry with Ibe even though he took forever. Ibe's gentle, slumberous voice forced its way through the phone speaker.

"Good evening?" Ibe hummed into the phone as he stirred his hot chocolate.

"Ibe, is Eiji with you?" Aslan spat into the phone.

"Yeah, he's asleep. Do you want to talk to him or something?"

"No, don't wake him right now. Contact me back when he's awake, please."

--------------------------------

Hey, Hey, Hey!! How are my loves doing today?

Expectedly y'all are having a good day/night. And if you haven't heard it today, I love you.