Chapter Two

Chapter Two:
Whatever

The scent of popcorn and nachos filled Scotty's nose, overwhelming his senses as the losing sound followed by the words 'game over' displayed across the screen in bold red letters.

"No.. No. No! Damnit!" Dustin swore suddenly, kicking and hitting the machine. "I hate this stupid overpriced bullshit! Son of a bitch. Piece of shit! Dammit!"

"I told you not to the last move, man." Scotty shuffled his feet, quickly pulling his hand away and shoving it in his jacket pocket when his fingers brushed against Mike's.

"You're just not nimble enough, you'll get there one day." Lucas shrugged, pointing at Dustin. "But until then, Princess Daphne is still mine."

"You know? Whatever, I'm still tops on Centipede and Dig Dug."

"You sure about that?" Kieth rose his eyebrows, shoving another cheeto into his mouth and crunching loudly.

"Sure about what?"

Kieth remained silent, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he shrugged. Dustin's eyes widened as ge scrambled past Will. "You're kidding me! No, no, no."

"Oh, shit." Scotty huffed, stepping past Will and following Dustin closely.

"Move! Move. Ah, no! No, no, no, no! No! No!" Dustin cried as the sound of the video game chime.

Scotty sucked his lips in, shaking his head. "Damn.. You got your ass beat by.."

Scotty paused, his eyes drifting from the score to the name, "Mad Max.."

"Seven-hundred fifty-one thousand three-hundred points!" Will exclaimed, his mouth falling open in shocked excitement.

"That's impossible!" Mike shook his head, looking towards Scotty. "Right?"

"Should be." Scotty shrugged, "Anything is possible, though."

"Who is Mad Max?" Dustin ordered, looking towards Kieth, and accusatory look in his eyes.

"Better than you." He snickered.

"Is it you?" Will asked, causing the older boy to scoff and roll his eyes.

"You know I despise Dig Dug.."

"Then who is it?" Lucas asked.

"Bet it's some tourist passing through on their way to sunny California." Scotty huffed, crossing his arms. "Right?"

"Yeah, spill it Keith!"

"You want information, then I need something in return." Keith looked towards Mike, followed by all the party's eyes.

Mike blinked, the sudden realization hitting him. "No! No. No. No way. You're not getting a date with her."

"Mike, come on. Just get him the date." Lucas gestured wildy around himself as he spoke.

"I'm not prostituting my sister!" Mike argued.