• t h i r t y f o u r

Start from the beginning

"I'll think about it later." I cut him off and went out to find Hyemi. This is weird. She wouldn't go out this long to ditch the study session when she was the one who got there earlier than me.

I saw two of her friends, Mia and Heejin I think? They glanced towards me before one of them stopped me. "Yah, are you taking care of our Hyemi well?"

"She was not with you guys?" I blurted out, regretting it later.

Her eyes widened and was ready to lunge towards me but the other girl pulled her. "Heejin calm down."

"What do you mean she was not with us? Isn't she always with you at this times?" Heejin, the fumed girl asked.

"I- I was, really. But she went out and never come back."

"Yah!"

"Heejin! Calm your ass down!" Mia prevented her from attacking me. This girl is scary. "Did she tell you where she was going?" I shook my head at the response and could feel a pair of eyes were glaring at me. "We'll search for her at the restrooms and the changing room. You'll go at the stores."

With that they left me and I went to the cafe but it was empty. I started to feel uneasy. She might be in danger, or she is not. I couldn't hope for anything when Jeonghoon is here.

Jeonghoon.

I immediately ran to the field and spot Chan. He grinned when seeing me but it soon faltered. "Hyung, have you seen Jeonghoon?"

"No. Why?"

"Hyemi, my friend. The day when I asked you for help. Please."

He immediately understood and informed to the organiser he would be back soon before searching from tents to the others. I did the same but there was no sign of the two.

"I'll go to the sport store and you go to the gym." he said before leaving me. I ran to the gym and it was empty. But when nearing the rooms, there's some noises in one of them. I carefully stepped forward to knock but suddenly the door swung open.

"Oh? You're finally here."

Jeonghoon.

I pushed him away and got into the room. There, at the corner Hyemi was curling herself and hugged her knees close to her chest. My heart broke at the sight.

What happened?

"Hyemi," I crouched in front of her trying to get her up but she swatted my hand away. Jeonghoon laughed as he locked the door.

"You're too late."

"What did you do?!"

"Nothing," he shrugged. "I just want to see how much do you care about her then I'll know how much do I have to do her."

With that leaving his mouth, a punch met his cheek.

"You sick!"

He stumbled a few steps backwards before grabbing my collar and pushed me onto a wall. "As much as I want to beat you up here, you're lucky you're a student and we are in school." he gritted his teeth and pushed me off to the ground and kicked my stomach.

Hyemi's sobs became clearer when this sickening guy pulled me up.

"But if you beat me up here then you'll get expelled." he snickered.

I pushed him off. "What did you do to her?"

Jeonghoon chuckled, "I told you it's nothing. Right baby?"

I fume in anger when this guy called her that. "Just fucking tell me!"

"Whoa, calm down there buddy." he crouched beside her. When his hand touched her head, Hyemi flinched.