chapter four

chapter four — oh, pretty woman

✷        ·

  ˚ * .

     *   * ⋆   .

     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦

  ⋆ ·   *

  · ✵

𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘥 𝘔𝘪𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘦𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘤 𝘭𝘪𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘳𝘺.

Even if Michael denies and hides the obvious reasons Louis and Danniel know what is up to their friend. It is not that they are against what he is up to but because there is a reason to it that Michael wouldn't dare to tell them about that reason, this time around it is Danniel who accompanies him at the public library to search for history books. "If you want to go home that is fine with me," the brunette spoke in his low tone alerting Danniel's senses "I never said I would leave you besides you easily gets lost," his friend points out earning an eye roll and groan from Michael ( it was true to say the least and Michael hates himself for it ).

Another frustration was heard from his lips as he closed the book earning a look from Danniel— there it was, that look on Michael's face that bothers Danniel and Louis whenever he has that look on his face "Do you think she'll like it?" Michael asks all of a sudden his eyes fixated on the book he is holding, his voice is soft yet unsure if he said the right words "When you said 'she' you mean Billie Rose right?" Danniel asks him back as he tilts his head to look at his friend.

"She's struggling a lot— a lot lot you know and I feel bad," Michael answered under his breath, his eyes still fixated on the book.

"You feel bad because she's getting insults or because—"

"It's because I can see myself in her." he said almost in a whisper, his lips forming a thin line.

Danniel didn't understand what he meant by that but if he is referring to the past years of his life then he knows what Michael is talking about, he doesn't know Billy Rose Benitez all too well but there was a sense of similarity and comparison between her and Michael Gallaghad and by the way Michael is putting such effort to do their project, Danniel knows there is something. If he is asked about Michael's past years he doesn't know where to begin and though he spent his years with him there will always be secrets to Michael Gallaghad. "I was insulted for something I was not good at," Michael blunts out before going to the librarian at the reception leaving Danniel in a wondering state, again— something Michael isn't good at? What is something he isn't good at? Perhaps Michael is joking about that— about something that he is not good at, man Danniel would give a long list of all the things Michael Gallaghad is good at, so what was he referring to?