Chapter 7

"You know... I could give you guys some time before we go back to the hospital." Aiko said that as the three of them walked some more around the campus.

Oikawa smiled at her, "You would?"

"Would that be safe?" Iwaizumi asked. Aiko winked at them, "As long as it won't be too long. I'm sure I could make some excuses."

She didn't have to wait for Iwaizumi to respond, they parked the wheelchair and the portable oxygen by the bench across the football field where some gingko trees were growing in full bloom.

Iwaizumi sat beside Oikawa, "Do you feel okay?"

"I feel even better. Like... I'm actually be cured tomorrow." Oikawa giggled as Iwaizumi rolled his eyes, "Come on, I'm serious."

"So am I!" Oikawa countered, turning towards the empty football field. The sun was almost setting and everything was washed by a golden orange light. It reminded him of those days when the two of them would walk together home.

"It's really beautiful."

"What?"

"Our school." Oikawa said, "I never regretted coming here... besides, we have like the prettiest uniforms."

"You really have a shitty personality, don't you?" Iwaizumi shook his head but he was laughing at the same time.

Oikawa joined in, although his laugh sounds different now because it was hard for him to do the usual one without running out of breath. Still, it sounded beautiful. When he stopped, he gave Iwaizumi a meaningful look, "So... about my last wish."

"What? I thought this was it?"

"Well, I never really thought you'd be able to pull this off so I made a Wish B just in case."

"But I did pull it off so there's no need for that, right?"

"Why not? I can have as many wishes as I can."

"It's called a last wish for a reason, dummy." Iwaizumi shook his head, "But yeah... fine. Tell me. You better make sure it doesn't involve kittens or any forms of animals."

Oikawa pouted "Why do you hate animals? They are so cute."

"I just don't like them, okay?" Iwaizumi snapped, "Now, are you telling me your wish or not?"

Oikawa stuck his tongue out at him because even with his sickness and obvious weakness, there was just no limit to his childishness. "I won't say it because I wrote it."

"Fine, gimme it."

"No."

"What? Why not?"

"You're not allowed to find out."

"How can I do it if you won't tell me?"

"You'll know when it's time."

Iwaizumi gaped at him, "When it's time? What do you mean?!"

Oikawa didn't answer him that afternoon, nor the next few days that he bugged him about it. What was 'when it's time'? He didn't understand. He soon did . After three months.