Chapter 2

Sorgan was a beautiful planet. I could see that just from being in orbit. Scans indicated that the planet’s surface was covered in trees and rivers. That explains the amalgam of colours that I could see; Crisp greens and flowing hues of blue. I would sit up here forever if I could, admiring the beauty from afar. I have never really done this before. When I was on a job, it was always about getting in and out as quickly as possible. I didn’t have time to do this. I didn’t have time now but that didn’t stop me.

The first problem I have now is finding The Mandalorian. My mother didn’t give me any other indication of where he may be. No co-ordinates, not even the name of a town, just the name of the planet. Sorgan. It would take me days to search the whole planet so I have to think of a better solution. I lean back in my chair and cross my arms. As I look around the cockpit for ideas, nothing jumps out at me. Nothing on the scanners, nothing on the maps. Everything's coming up empty. 

Beeps pull me out of my thoughts. I look to my left and see A2 hovering above the co-pilot’s seat. He continues beeping and points to the map. I know exactly what he’s thinking.
“Yes! Of course! Why didn’t I think of that?” I exclaim. Every ship leaves an invisible mark every time they come out of hyperspace. If caught quickly enough, the ship can be tracked by the residue it leaves. On a backwater planet like this, there aren’t too many ships coming and going so it should be easy to find them. Quickly I narrow down my scanner to just scan for traces of fuel. I wait anxiously as it scans the surrounding areas of space. Surely enough, one match shows up on the screen. I look at A2 with a warm smile filling my face.
“Good job, buddy!” I reach over and tap him lightly on the head. Before beginning to follow the breadcrumb trail, I put my helmet back on and am currently sitting on the co-pilot’s chair with A2. “Let’s go then.” My modulated voice states.

Once we enter the atmosphere, The Mandalorian’s ship is visible in a clearing not too far from a common house. I set my u-wing down in another clearing far enough away that Mando won’t be able to see it when he returns to his ship. I get up out of my seat and head towards my weapons locker. My mother indicated that I need to protect him and the child he is harbouring. To me, that means I’m going to encounter some trouble so I pick up my blaster and a cycler rifle along with a few detonators just in case. A2 races over and unlocks the door, excited to get off the ship. I smile at him, even though he can’t see my face, and shake my head. “Come on then,” I announced. 

First, I make my way through the forest towards Mando’s ship, the Razor Crest. Thankfully the forest isn’t too dense so it’s pretty easy to get through. I try my best not step on any twigs so they don’t startle anyone that may be nearby. If there’s anyone there that is. Slowly the Razor Crest comes into view. Staying hidden in the trees and bushes, I circle the ship, trying to survey whether anyone is inside. There are no lights on, the hatch is closed so I think it’s safe to assume that no one is home. Slowly I clamber out of the bushes and dust myself down. It’s a good job I have a helmet on otherwise I would have twigs and leaves all in my hair.

I huff a large sigh.
“Now what A2?” I ask. All I get is beeps in response. “Yeah, I don’t know either.” I look around the surrounding area and notice a path that leads out towards the common house I saw when we were landing.
“The common house. That seems like it should be our next stop.” A2 beeps happily and flies off towards the path. “Hey! Wait for me!” I call out after him. When he doesn’t stop I run to catch up to him.

The path to the common house was longer than I originally had thought. I guess everything looks smaller from up high in a ship. When we eventually get there, we enter a cantina of sorts. It’s fairly busy for a backwater planet. Like every other time I have walked into a building, everybody stops and glances at me and A2. I stop for a second and notice a man behind the bar. I decide to go and ask him if he knows where they are. As I walk up to the bar the man begins to speak, “Two Mandalorians in 2 weeks. That is a rare sight.” 2 weeks. Why on earth has he been here for 2 weeks? “Yeah. Yeah it is.” I reply slowly. “Do you know where he went?” The man looks at me suspiciously. He pauses before he answers apprehensively. “Nope, he left here a few weeks ago with a weird green baby and some rebel woman.” I huff a disappointed sigh. “Okay. Thanks anyway.”