Chapter Eight: The Truth

Start from the beginning

She was hiding something from me. I know it.

"Wait until I'm done cooking." She says, lifting up g
her knife again. I walk over to the table and wait for her to be done.

When she finishes making the sandwiches she sits down across from me, placing our food down in front of me. "You were always magical Eliz- Moon. I just wanted to protect you." She says softly.

I always had magic running through my blood, but I only found out now. Why now?

"I can protect myself."

"That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that I hid the letters from you." She spits out. I lean back in shock. I could've been in school when I was younger, but instead I was barely going now.

All because I found that letter.

"I knew there was a reason you were being nice to me. You don't want me at Hogwarts, you don't want me to practice magic at all!" I say angrily. Standing up from my chair, and pushing my grilled cheese away.

I stormed up to my room and grabbed my trunk. I was done, I didn't want to be here. I was going to stay at hogwarts, and never come back.

I've been back at Hogwarts for a few days and everyone knows that I am a half-blood.

Word spreads fast around here.

"Oh there are several things I would like to say." I hear Professor Mcgonagall say. I walk over and see a crowd around the courtyard. I look and see Professor Trelawney, Mcgonagall, and Umbridge arguing in the middle. Some trunks are on the floor. "Hey, what's happening?" I ask Ron.

He turns back to me, "It's Umbridge, she's out of hand." He explains. Out of hand? What more did she do? She already cut my hand. Well technically I did, but it was her quill.

"She set up a bunch of new rules since you've been gone. She's been in our classes taking notes, she wants to fire someone." He continues and looks back at the yard. The door is open and Professor Dumbledore walks through.

"My guess is Trelawney." I mutter under my breath.

Everyone scatters as she is escorted inside. I continue my walk to the astronomy tower, I've finally found where it was and I loved going there. It was such a private place, where I can go to clear my mind.

I get up there and sit down, my feet dangling off the edge. Calm. I felt calm. Time flies fast when I'm up there, the sun starts to set as the clouds roll in.

"I knew I'd find you up here."

I turn to see Draco walking up the stairs. "How did you know I'd be here?" I ask, getting up from my position. Obviously leaving my calm state. He steps closer to me and looks outside.

"You've been coming here everyday since you found it. I wait for you to leave so I can be here alone." He mutters, raising his eyebrows at me. I look away and hear thunder. I jump, unknowingly into his arms. He catches me, but it was probably instinct.

Not like he cares.

I push away from him slowly, embarrassed of what he might think. "Don't be embarrassed, I know everyone likes me." He says pridefully. I look at him with a confused look then roll my eyes. "I didn't know you were such a comedian." I mutter as I cross my arms.

He frustrates me so much. Why is he so full of himself?

"You know it really is funny how much you hated me when you knew I was muggleborn." I give a sarcastic laugh and he snaps his head at me. He scoffs as he looks me up and down, stepping towards me.

DRACO'S POV:

"You were nothing to me but a good little fuck." I mutter to her. I was lying but I didn't want her to know the truth, I didn't like how I felt about her. I needed the feelings to go away. Her expression fades quickly as my words settle in. The rain falling down makes everything even sadder.

Her eyes tear up as she stares into mine. Fuck, they're gorgeous. I could never have the guts to tell her that. "I hate you." She whimpers as she pushes past me to leave. I didn't care if she hated me.

I needed to stop feeling this way.

She leaves upset. That's what I needed. I stay there for a while looking out the railing as the rain fell onto my body. Thunder and lightning strikes around the castle. For some reason I felt powerful. Like I can do anything.

The next day during Mcgonagall's class she doesn't even look at me. Did I really hurt her feelings that bad?

It wasn't even that bad.

She's just weak.

I try not to think about how much I affected her all day, but I couldn't. I did something bad. I needed to fix it, but I would hate myself if I did.

"Hey, so I'm thinking that I can have her go into my room on Friday and we can fuck it up." Blaise laughs. I laugh along with him but in the inside I wanted to beat the shit out of him.

He wasn't even funny. Just nice.

He continues on about the details and how much he likes her when someone walks inside the common room. We both turn to look who it is.

Her.

"Hey there,  care to join us?" He asks, leaning his body back. She blushes and sits next to him. "I'll only stay for a little bit, since I'm a little tired." She laughs softly.

Her laugh made me happy. For some reason it filled me up with happiness inside.

But she wasn't laughing at me.

MOON'S POV:

Draco excuses himself to go upstairs which leaves me and Blaise alone. I've grown a liking to him. According to Victoria, Blaise and Pansy broke up while I was away. I couldn't comfort her, but maybe she didn't need it.

She seems to move on fast anyways.

"So are you free to watch a movie in my room on Friday?" He smiles at me, I felt special with him. He was nice to me, unlike Malfoy who would degrade me every chance he got.

"I am, as long as it's not boring." I laugh, he playfully pushes me and we laugh together. I felt safe.

I didn't even notice Pansy and Draco watching us both.