Chapter 1

The door of the room opened.

"HARRY!" Hermione exclaimed.

Hermione flung herself into Harry's arms, and hugged him as tight as possible. Harry put his arms around her and squeezed her with just as much force.

"I missed you," Hermione whispered, kissing him on the cheek.

"I missed you, too," whispered Harry, his breath tickling her ear.

Ron quietly left the room, giving them personal space. He shut the door soundlessly behind him.

Hermione slowly backed away from him, and took in his appearance. Hermione gasped.

"I know I look bad, but I didn't think I looked that bad," Harry smiled, scratching the back of his neck.

"Harry..." Hermione whispered. She took a step closer to him, and scanned his face with her eyes.

"What-what happened?" Hermione said, her voice cracking.

Hermione stared at him. Trying to figure out what she was talking about, Harry walked over to a mirror on the other side of the room.

Staring back at himself, Harry noticed that there were red marks left on his neck, from where Uncle Vernon had strangled him a few days ago. Along with that, there were two large lumps on his head from hitting his head on the windowsill.

Harry turned back to Hermione. There was fear evident on her face.

"Hermione, I'm fine. I just bumped my head at the Dursleys," Harry tried to reassure her.

Hermione softly ran her fingers over the bumps on his head. She traveled her fingers down his face and onto his neck, tracing the reddened skin with her fingertips.

"And your neck?" Hermione barely whispered.

"Nothing. Er, it's a rash."

"Harry."

"Hermione."

"Harry, stop it. I can tell when you're lying. Please tell me," Hermione pleaded with sorrowful eyes.

Harry broke his eye contact with her and looked at the ground.

"I was...er...listening to the news behind a bush, and when my uncle found me, he kind of strangled me," Harry muttered.

"Oh Harry!" Hermione leaped onto him again, knocking him backward.

"Mione-" Harry started.

"Harry, I'll take care of your neck and head. Lay down on your bed," Hermione told him.

"Mione-"

"Harry. Lay down," Hermione pushed him onto the bed. She felt his forehead.

"Hermione, I'm tired, not sick."

"You're clammy," Hermione glared at him.

"I was just flying in the freezing cold on my broom for nearly an hour to get here!"

"I'll bring up food for you," Hermione told him. "I'll come back up to take care of you."

"Hermione! Can I at least talk to Sirius?" Harry said, trying to get up. Hermione pushed him back to the bed. Harry pouted at her.

"I'll bring him up here," Hermione smiled at him. Harry groaned.
Hermione laced her fingers with Harry's.

"You know I'm doing this for your own health?" Hermione said, staring into his eyes.

"I know," Harry muttered.

Harry leaned up and kissed her softly on the forehead.

"Thank you," Harry whispered.

Hermione's stomach exploded with butterflies.

"I'll always be there for you Harry. Never forget that," Hermione smiled. Harry smiled back.

Hermione left the room.

Harry sat there staring at the ceiling, unable to get Hermione out of his head.

"I'm going crazy," Harry muttered to himself.

Just then, Hermione re-entered the room, carrying two plates in her hands. She shut the door using her foot.

"Sirius agreed to come up here after we ate. Well, actually, he said I better take your lazy arse down to the kitchen after you ate," Hermione smirked.

Harry and Hermione ate their food, talking about anything. Hermione told him as much as she knew about Voldemort and what's going on with both him and the order. She explained everything, and more so where they were.

Once they both finished eating, Hermione sat on the bed next to him, so close to Harry she was almost on top of him. She told him to lay back as she pulled something out of her back pocket.

It was a tiny container. Hermione opened it, and swirled her fingers around in it. It seemed to be some kind of ointment.

"It'll make the lumps on your head go away within minutes," Hermione explained.

Hermione lightly placed her fingers on his forehead, and rubbed the cream along the lumps. Harry closed his eyes at her touch, smiling. Once she was finished, it seemed to relieve the pain in his head.

Hermione placed the container on the side table and looked back at him. She placed her fingers along his neck, and softly moved her fingertips against the skin.

"Is it sore?"

"A bit."

Hermione took out a smaller bottle, with clear liquid inside, almost like water.

"This should help. Drink it. If he's done any damage to your neck, this'll fix it," Hermione informed him. Harry gulped it down.

Lastly, Hermione pulled out a small container, placed some of it's cream on her fingertips, and rubbed it in his neck, making soothing circles with her fingers.

"It'll take away the redness," Hermione said.

Harry nodded. He interlaced his fingers with hers.

Harry and Hermione were a mere inch apart when a knock sounded on the door.

"Come in," Hermione sighed, tucking a stray hair away from Harry's face.

Tonks stepped into the room.

"You two are wanted by the dog. He said to get your lazy arses down there," Tonks said.

Harry grinned and rolled his eyes.

Harry shot up, grabbed Hermione's hand, and dragged her downstairs in a run.

"Sirius!" Harry called out as he reached the bottom of the steps.

Letting go of Hermione's hand, Harry ran to his godfather, giving him a manly hug. Hermione smiled.

Whenever Harry was happy, Hermione was sure to be as well.