Howie whistled in delight. "A day or two I suppose. Correct?"

"I came here from the slums and they gave my mother an apartment away from my part of the neighborhood here. What do you think?"

"It was rough I image." He shook his head and turned away. "I do suppose all of this is icing on the cake."

"It's a dream here. I'm not complaining about moving furniture, extra homework, or something small. I was taken out of a bad spot. I can walk outside and not worry about a fight. My mother doesn't need to worry about her next move. We all eat good. It's better."

"I take it no father?"

"Never."

"And for someone your age you have accomplished so much. I hope you are proud. And I do want to have the pleasure of meeting your mother with Asia sometime. I wish to know you so I can be a better familiar." Howie had great intentions. There was the occasional joke, but he was wise, caring, and a solid sense of humor. 

"We're still learning Howie. You know how it goes. Let's be real about it now. And, it's kinda settled in a bit. I'm proud I negotiated myself here. Some were born in, others for a better life. I decided to redo everything for opportunity. I'm here and my mother is comfortable. She's proud, I'm proud. I'm hard on myself for the most part Howie, but when I check in on her and see improvement, I call it success. What she does until I graduate or how I can extend that, it will come eventually. I guess you can call it-"

"Work, in, progress." Howie smiled and hovered down towards the bed.

"I take it those talons aren't sharp unless you want them to be?"

"Indeed."

"And you don't shed."

"Lose a wee bit of feathers once in a blue moon."

"My man. Thanks Howie."

"And thank you Master (FN)."

"I'll take it."

A knock came to the door. "Honey?" Called Asia.

"You know the drill." You whispered. "Come right on in. Just taking a minute." You called out to her.

She opened the door and closed it behind her. "How are you?"

"Just taking a minute. That's all. Hope it's not too cold tonight and I guess I love some furniture and get your take on the whole thing. You have a good eye for this sort."

"I'm sure you do too." She nodded.

"Need a jacket or anything before we teleport over?"

"Please."

"Open the closet and help yourself. Try some on if you need to. I don't mind at all."

"Oh. Okay. Thank you." I always wanted to wear my boyfriend's hoodie just to see what all the commotion is about. She opened the closet door and Asia looked around. "Ooo, I like the white one."

"Try it." You watch over and see her take it off the hanger. It's a white zip up hoodie. A little thin and covers just over a quarter way down the skirt. Not too baggy either. "Like it?"

"I love it." She chimed.

"Alright. I guess the three of us are taking off."

"Howie's coming too?"

"I think Rias mentioned it. Funny too. Howie at a Hooooters. Oh the irony."

~~~~~

The three of you teleport to the restaurant. Right into the manager office.