4

"Come on, almost there. You can do it Nialler." She cheers while bouncing on the suitcase and me trying to close it.

"Hold still damn it" I growl. Fuck, why didn't I just grab another one from my parents room?

"So close Ni!" She laughs. I push the zipper harder and finally close it. Thank god. Jen jumps off the suitcase. "Told you it would work. Who needs another bag?" She says. She's so lazy. "Alright, lets get these downstairs before your parents get mad and send you to another galaxy for being late." Believe me at this point I think they might.

We each grab some bags and head downstairs to the living room and pile them up near the door. I see my parents coming out of their office.

"Good, you're done. Lets pack these in the car and get going." My dad says and passes by me and walks out the house. I roll my eyes and Jen notices and pats my shoulder and smiles. I take a deep breath and grab some of my bags and head out to the car and load them up in the trunk. Jenny comes behind me and hands me the other bags. I pack them with the rest in the trunk and close it up.

I turn to Jenny and embrace her into a hug. She wraps her arms around my neck and hugs me back. I can't believe I'm not going to see her anymore. I'm leaving my best friend.

"You're going to do great! I know you are. Soon you'll find another best friend or girlfriend and forget all about me. She says giving me a weak smiles.

"That will never happen. Before you know it I'll be back. I promise." I tell her and mean it. I can never forget her.

"Look at us, we sound like an old couple!" She laughs.

"Oh please that's disgusting." I say.

"Of course what was I saying Mr. one night stand and never call me again or else." Is she mocking me? I think she is.

"Yeah, ok Mrs. Waiting for Prince Charming to sweep me of my feet." I say.

"Hey, it will happen, you wait and see." She says and my dad honks the horn of the car. "Well I guess you should get going. Call me when you arrive and tell me everything. No matter what time it is. Call me ok?" She says. I nod and she kisses my cheek. "Bye Ni." She says walking down my drive way and turning the corner down the street. I sigh and turn around and get in the car.

"Ready?" My dad says. I ignore his question and pretend to be on my phone. The last thing I want to do is make him mad and if I open my mouth I'll flip so Ignoring him is nothing. He shakes his head, starts the car and begins to drive to the airport.

Let the nightmare begin.

***

Hours later I arrive in New York at one in the afternoon. Oh this is going to give me an epic jet lag. I go through the airport and look for my ride. Who the fuck am I supposed to be with? I look around and suddenly spot someone with a sign saying my name. I walk towards her and she smiles.

"Hi.." I say approaching her slowly.

"Niall, look how big you are. I'm so happy to see you." She says. How does she know me?

"Um.. yeah?"

"Oh, silly me let me introduce myself. I'm Rose. I'm your mums friend from long back. I use to babysit you when you were little until you were old enough to go to school." She says. Rose.. Rosy.. of course.

"Rosy?" I smiled. I remember her. She was so sweet. Then one day she never came and I always wondered what happened to her.

"Yes, yes! That's me Rosy!" Oh, you remembered." She hugs me and I hug her back. At least she left me with someone I actually like. "Ok, lets get those bags in the car and head home so you can meet my son." She says. Wow.. son?