Perfect Nightmare

(Outfit Only

(Outfit Only. Without bag and hat)

I'm on my way to the crime lab, I have waited so long to go back to Miami and now I'm finally here, I can't believe it. I have a week until I officially start at the crime lab but I have to go in to sort a few things out with Horatio then I can go to the beach. A few minutes later, I finally arrive at the crime lab. I park my car, step out, lock the car and walk to the crime lab entrance. I walk in and go through the metal detector then carry on to the elevator. Once the doors open, I walk to the reception desk and said "Hi, I'm here to see Horatio Caine?"

The receptionist looked up at me and said "I'm sorry, he's currently out in the field right now, would you like me to page him?" I smiled at her and said "Yeah, thanks." she smiled and said "Can I see some I.D, please?" I grab my I.D. out of my bag and hand it to her and say "Here you go." she smiles as I hear a voice say "Rosa, nice name." I turned to my left and saw a very handsome looking guy, smiling at me. I smiled at him and said "Thanks. It was actually my dad and Horatio's idea." He looked at me and said "You're related to Horatio?" I smile and say "No, not really, he's my dad's best friend, but he's like an uncle to me. He's the reason I got this job."

He looked at me with a smile and said "You work here?" I smile and say "Not yet. I start in a week but I needed to come in to sort some things out with Horatio first. I'm sorry, what's your name? I'm telling you about my life but I don't know your name?" The guy just smiled back and said "I'm sorry, I'm Jesse Cardoza, I just transferred from L.A." I smiled and held my hand out for him to shake, he took my hand and shook it. "Nice to meet you Jesse. So, you transferred from L.A?" He smiled and said "Yeah, decided I needed a change. Come back to Miami." I looked at him and said "You used to live here?" He then said "I grew up here." I nodded my head and said "Oh."

Jesse then turned to the receptionist, put his gun on the counter and said "You got a gun locker?" She looked up at him and said "Yeah, I'll take care of that."Jesse handed his gun to the receptionist, she put it on her desk and looked back up at us and froze. Jesse and I both turned around to see a guy with a gun and a bike helmet on, throwing a smoke grenade. Jesse grabbed me, moving me out the way and hit the smoke grenade away from us. He covered my body with his and we fell to the ground. The gunman threw a few more smoke grenades in different directions. The gunman then walked over to us and shouted "Move!"

Jesse and I looked up at the gunman as he shouted again "I said move!" Jesse stood up, turned around and helped me up. As soon as I stood up, pain went through my leg, I let out a scream and fell to the ground. The gunman then shouted "I said move! Hurry up or I'll shoot you." Jesse then looked at the gunman then said "Hey, she's hurt, give her a minute." Jesse then turned and crouched down to my level. He looked at me and said "Hey, are you okay?" I looked up at him, scared for my life and said "Yeah, I'm fine, just got a pain right up my leg, that's all." He then said to me "Can you walk?" I looked down at my leg and said "I don't know, I think so."

Jesse helped me stand, then helped me walk. The gunman then told 2 lab techs and the receptionist to get up as well and forced us all into a room. As soon as we were in the room, I collapsed onto the floor. The gunman was on the phone talking to Rick Stetler. Jesse turns to me and says "You okay?" I looked at him and said "My leg hurts so bad." He then looked at my leg and said "Let me take a look at it." Jesse looked at my leg and felt down my leg to see if I had any broken bones. Jesse then looks says while looking at my ankle "It doesn't look to bad, but you might have twisted your ankle." I looked at him in disbelief and said "Really?" I needed to go to the hospital to get my leg sorted out but I'm stuck in the lab as a hostage.

Jesse looked at me and noticed I was scared, he then take my hand in his and strokes my hand with is thumb and said "Don't worry, It's going to be alright." I looked at him with tears in my eyes from the pain and being so scared. I then said to him "We are hostages, how is it going to be alright?" He then held my face in his hands and said "I know you're scared, but the best thing we can do is follow this guys orders, okay?" I looked at him and said "Yeah." Jesse then said "I won't let anything happen to you, okay?" I then said "Okay." The gunman is still on the phone with Rick, demanding that he will only talk to Horatio.

"Rick: Lt. Caine is in the field right now, it may take us some time to find him." then gunman then said "How about 10 minutes and after that, a hostage dies." then he switched it off and turned to us and said "Let's see if your Lieutenant really cares about you." We waited a few minutes until he starts counting down, the gunman was getting frustrated and said "You have 10 seconds!" into the speaker while pointing his gun at me. Rick then said "He is on his way, is there anything that I -" The gunman cut him off by continuing counting down "4, 3, 2, 1." He was just about to shoot me, I ducked while Jesse moved in front of me, Horatio came on the line and said "This is Horatio." The gunman then said "Congratulations Lieutenant, you have just saved a life. Now let's see if you can save all of 'em."

A few minutes later, the gunman then called Horatio and wait a couple of seconds then Horatio answered "This is Horatio." The gunman then said "Rule 2: One ring. One ring and you answer." Horatio then said "Okay, I understand. One ring." The gunman then told Jesse to move a couple of things around the room, he then says "Come on, hurry up. Hurry Up!" Horatio then says "I didn't catch your name, friend." The gunman then said "'Cause I didn't tell you, Horatio. Look, you can call me Ted." Horatio then says "Okay, Ted, is everybody okay in there?" Ted then said "Everyone is fine, so long as you keep answering the phone." Horatio then answers him saying "Okay. It's just you and me, Ted. We can all walk away from this together."

Ted then becomes frustrated and shouts "No, no, no one is walking. You just listen! That's what you do here!" Horatio then says "I can do that too, Ted." Ted then looks around the room and says "You probably think I'm a whack job, right?" Horatio then says "Ted, I don't think you're a whack job. People find themselves in bad situations all the time." Ted then says "That sums it up. The american dream trampled on by anyone and everyone." Ted then turned and looked at Jesse and said "Get that in front of the door." while pointing at the filing cabinet.

Ted then said to Horatio "But you, you're gonna get us out of this one. You're gonna make sure justice is done. That's why I asked for you." Horatio then said "Ted..." then there was silence for a second then Horatio said "...How can I help you get justice?" Ted then said "Right, I tell you, and you ignore me like everybody else. No! This is my thing, my way and my timetable." Horatio then says "Ted, I understand that, but I can't hold swat back forever." Ted then says something that sends chills down my spine, he says "Well, I got something for them. Rule number 3 is... I see a cop, I kill a cop." I looked over at Jesse to see him looking back at me. Horatio then said "Ted? Ted?"

We wait a few minutes until Ted turns around pointing his gun at Jesse then said "You, up. Get those boxes in front of the windows. Now. Let's go." Jesse then gets up and walks over to the boxes. Jesse holds his hands out towards Ted and says "Just settle down, man." Jesse then starts to move the boxes. All of a sudden, we heard a phone ring, Ted then looks around and said "What's that?" While Ted is looking for the noise, Jesse puts his badge behind the boxes. He then looks over at me. Ted looks at us then picks up the phone and answers it, saying "Hello? Hello?" Ted points his gun at Jesse and says "You, sit down!" Jesse then moves to sit down next to me. Ted grabs a box and empty's it.

Ted then says "Everybody empty your pockets. No phones, wallets, berries, whatever. Nobody talks to the outside!" We all then start emptying our pockets. Jesse holds the box while I put my phone and I.D. in it. Ted then said "Pass me the box. Slide it over here." One of the lab techs slides it over to Ted, Ted then looks through them. Ted then says "Jesse Cardoza from California. You're a long way from home, Hollywood. You know, I've never been to Cali. You're an actor, right? Everybody there's an actor, right? I mean even the governor." Jesse then says "I'm not an actor." Ted then looks at him and says "So why are you here?" Jesse then says "You forced us in here, as I recall." 

Ted then closes his eyes then says through his teeth "No, why are you here... in Miami?" Jesse then says "I'm just on vacation." Ted then says "Why are you here at this crime lab?" Jesse then says "Someone stole my car. I was just filing a report is all." Ted then nodded to the receptionist and said "With her?" Jesse then nodded and said "Yeah." Ted then said "If I find out you're lying, I'll kill her." Jesse then said seriously with anger "Yeah, and you'll leave here in a body bag. I guarantee it." Ted then said "Oh, man. I really hope you're an actor. 'Cause you scared me."

He then looks back in the box and picks out another I.D. and said "Rosa Gage from New York City. You're a long way from home too. What are you doing here and in the crime lab?" I looked at him and said "I'm visiting family, my uncle works here and I was just wondering if he had time to go for lunch." Ted then says "Really and who is your uncle?" I didn't answer him, I didn't want to tell him, Horatio is my uncle. I then jumped as Ted shouted "Answer me! Who is your uncle?" Jesse and I looked at each other. I looked up at Ted and said "Horatio Caine." Ted then said "Oh, Horatio is your uncle?" I then said "Yeah." Ted then said "I don't think he will be very happy that I have got you in here now will he?"