08 - You can't stab me with your hair, I'm indestructible, VERY STRONG HUZZAH

"RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!"

You rolled around in the bed, grumbled some unintelligible curses at your damn alarm clock for waking you up.

"Ugh" you groaned, stirring some more, until you almost reached the edge of the bed. "Stupid (y/n), setting up your alarm early. You just want to make me suffer, don't you?"

Waving around your arm haphazardly, you tried to locate the evil anti-sleep device. Eventually, you succeeded, and, in the complete silence, it seemed so peaceful.

Sleeping is really tempting right now.

"No! Fuck this, wake uppppp" you slurred, shifting your legs so that you could angle yourself into a sitting position.

While your legs were dangling off the bed, your back was still glued to it, and you couldn't force yourself to get up.

With a slight cry, you finally went against your own will, and practically jumped up, leaving behind the warmth and comfort of the sheets.

Your arms immediately went to your sides, and you gave yourself a sort of self-hug to keep warm. Damnit, it's cold in this underground base shithole.

"Mmmn, 6 am" you read off of the digital clock you finally coaxed out of Kurono a few weeks prior. "Let's do this shit"

You didn't think yourself a morning person, but you never knew what time you were going to be snatched from your little sanctuary to go and get tested on, so waking up early had become an oddly enjoyable routine for you.

"30 days..." you pondered, grabbing the pen off your nightstand to scribble another line next to the others you had on your makeshift calendar, which was really just a paper with some tape you'd fixed to the wall. "One month, it's been an entire month since I've been here"

You quickly chased that thought from your mind, forgetting about what your life was like, and focusing on what it will be

So far, you'd made considerable progress; you got that alarm clock so you could figure out what time of the day it was, the paper and pen, the workout equipment and clothes. You asked for access to the internet, or at least some books to read, but both requests were denied.

Right now, what you really need are your headphones so you can listen to music, but your playlist is on your phone, and god knows what kind of extensive examination of that device is going through.

"If they have someone on the other side, just steal a goddamn laptop or something" you grumbled, slowly removing your pajama pants and slipping into the workout shorts. "I swear, why are masterminds always the dumbest when it comes to common sense?"

You tore off your shirt, sliding on the tank top which you had become so accustomed to. Feeling self-conscious of your body, you usually avoid wearing shorter and tighter clothes.

But, lately, you've been feeling like a fucking goddess.

You didn't know what it was; maybe just because it's thrilling to do something asides from stare at the wall all day, maybe it's because you feel like you're doing something productive, or the sheer adrenaline, but you're in love with working out.

Granted, it was slow in the beginning, but now you're addicted.

It didn't take long for your physical exercise to surmount your half-asleep state, and even less time for you to start dripping in sweat.

Your knuckles felt numb, but good at the same time. You had wrapped them in bandages, so the impact would be less intense, but that didn't stop you from thrusting your fists towards the punching bag at full force, and feeling the recoil.