Chapter 40: Again

Start from the beginning

I nod, falling back on his bed, curling up in his sheets. He looks up at me, flashing a sweet smile before continuing with his piece. Emerson's room was very odd, but comforting. He has silky black sheets, his curtains were grey, wooden floor, his own art framed on the wall. He had some interesting, random objects on the shelves, jars, candles, mini statues. His scent was just as comforting, like vanilla and strawberry, but his room also smelled like ink and paint sometimes.

I was awoken in Emerson's dim room, just enough light to see that Sebastian was standing in front of me, trying to wake me up. I look over at Emerson's clock, the hands reading that it's eight o'clock at night. I sat up, throwing the covers off of me, my eyes still adjusting to the room.

"Time for dinner Ivy" Sebastian says, helping me out of the bed.

I stretch my arms, trying to wake up more before walking out of Emerson's room. I make my way down the stairs and around the corner to the kitchen. Everyone else, including Shy, were at the table. A spot at the table, next to Remington, was open. I take my seat, staring down at the salad in front of me.

"So Ivy, our manager is coming over tomorrow, we thought he could bring over his son and maybe you two could be friends" Sebastian mentions, passing me a cup.

"Why would you want me to be friends with his kid?" I don't understand why he would even allow a boy that he doesn't know, even near me.

"Well I think it would be nice for you to have more friends in the area, friends closer in the industry" Remington adds on, siding with Sebastian.

"Okay, whatever you say" That was the end of the conversation, the rest of dinner was spent talking about our experience on tour and discussing what we will do for Thanksgiving.

After I finished dinner, I went back upstairs to clean my room. You would think since I was on tour, it wouldn't be a mess but that's not true. When I packed, I have clothes everywhere from deciding what I needed and what I didn't need. On top of that, Larisa had put some bags in my room. Walking over and grabbing the bags, I sat down on the floor to see what's in them.

The first bag was a Bath and Bodyworks bag, with some soaps inside for my bathroom. She must have noticed I was running out. Next bag was more hygiene products, kinda strange she knew I needed new things. Then it hit me. Larisa was in my room, while I was gone. I shot up from my spot on the floor, storming out of my bedroom.

"Mom!? Mama!?" I yelled, rushing down the stairs, stomping my feet, hands balling up out of anger.

"Yeah Ivy? I'm in the kitchen!" She shouts from the kitchen, the water running.

"Mom did you go into my room while I was away?" I cross my arms, slowly feeling my face get hotter and hotter by the second, the more anger that builds up.

"Oh yeah I was just curious, wanted to know if you had everything you needed for when you got back" She smiles before turning back to the dishes

"But you didn't bother to ask if it was okay?" I throw my hands up, upset that she isn't seeing why I'm mad

"Uh sweetheart we live in the same house, I don't know why I would need permission to step into a room a pay for" She glances over at me, before stopping the water and drying her hands.

"Actually,  dad, uncle Remi and uncle Em also pay for this house, if they can respect my privacy, you can too!" I start raising my voice, she has no right to enter my room while I'm away and without my permission.

"I don't care how many names are on the papers for the house, I help pay for it so I can enter any room I wish, what would a fourteen year old girl have to hide anyways?"