Chapter 3

Imma be real honest..some of y'all still like my shit and I will never know why. I appreciate y'all though. Anyways y'all asked and you shall receive so sit back, relax, get you some hot Cheetos and a Dr Pepper, and enjoy.

You
May 17, 2023
2:52am

Eli....

No...

I ran to the body in the yard. Eli's mouth hung open and his eyes were casted to the sky. There was blooding oozing out of his abdomen and I did my best to keep as much pressure on the wound as possible. I pulled him into my lap and rubbed the side of his face gently, attempting to hold it together.

"Eli stay with me. You're gonna be ok. I promise. You'll be ok. I'm here."

Kehlani quickly ran to my side grabbing Eli's hands with tears streaming down her face.

I looked around. All of Eli's so called friends were nowhere to be found. There were a few people watching us from inside the house.

"DONT JUST STAND THERE CALL SOMEBODY!" Kehlani shouted loudly. The spectators quickly dug in their pockets and fumbled on their phones, dialing 911.

I turned my attention back to my one and only friend. His bottom lip trembled ever so slightly and he quickly was turning pale. My heart ached at the sight of him. No matter how sarcastic I was or how much of a hard time I gave him, I truly did love him deep down. It wasn't until then that I realized I hadn't told him that enough. He was my everything. Tears started pouring out of my eyes as I saw his own flutter. I patted his cheek, desperately trying to keep him awake.

"No no no stay with me Eli. P-please. Stay with me. I'm sorry for everything. I-I know I'm a pain but I love you. I love you so much. Please stay with me, Eli I can't lose you."

I heard a commotion behind me causing me to quickly look back at whoever was approaching.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?"

It was Mike, Eli's friend. He pushed through the hoard of bystanders and looked between me and Eli before rushing to his side.

"Eli......who the hell did this to you." He looked up at my tear stained face, his entire body shaking.

"Did you see who did this?"

I shook my head and he let his down in defeat. I looked down at Eli's face. He was barely clinging on to life at this point and I knew that there was no saving him. Mike cupped his face looking at him as his eyes fluttered some more.

"Hey..don't you dare. Don't you dare close them eyes on me. Don't do it. You understand? You keep your eyes open. Stay with me." Mike's voice cracked as he spoke and I could hear the immense amount of pain in it. I knew there was nothing we could do but I pleaded with him anyways.

"Eli...Eligah listen to my voice ok? Focus on my voice. Stay with us. Just a little bit longer. The paramedics will be here soon. Just hold on a bit longer...please...please......please hold on."

"I..."

Eli's mouth moved slowly trying to form words making the tears fall more.

"What is it Eli?" I managed to say through the lump in my throat. He simply looked up at me and gave me a weak smile.

"I...I l-love you t-too....princess."

I noticed the corners of his mouth were wet with fresh blood. I wiped at them and Eli gently rested his hand on mine.

"D-don't forget about m-me down here....ok-kay?"

I couldn't hold back anymore and sobbed loudly. Mike and Kehlani could only watch as he slowly began fading.

"Don't talk like that Eli. The paramedics will be here soon just please...hold on."

I could tell he was trying...trying to hold on to the ounce of life that remained with him. I was trying to help him get a better grasp of it but to no avail. Kehlani sat still next to me, unable to do anything except cry. I leaned my head against his and whispered weakly. "I love you" over and over as the remaining drops of life slowly drained out of him.

"No.....NO...Eli...FUCK." Mike gripped his shirt as if he were gripping his soul, trying to keep it from leaving Eli's lifeless body. At that point, he broke down. He cried into Eli's shirt, still gripping it tightly while Kehlani and I sobbed uncontrollably. Mike tried to wipe away his tears but to no avail. He looked up to the sky shouting "WHY?! WHY HIM?! WHY NOT ME?!" He shouted as if he was trying to get his voice to reach the heavens. I felt like someone had sucker punched me in my heart, leaving behind a hole that I thought was there this entire time. I had lost the one thing that made my life bearable for the last six years. With him gone, I wasn't sure if I'd ever be the same.

I was positive I wouldn't be.

Mike brushed his fingers over Eli's eyes, closing them, and stood up, looking down at his fallen brother.

"I'm gonna find out who did this little bro. Even if it kills me. No one can take someone I love from me and get away with it...no one."

With that he walked towards the entrance of the house. He looked back at Eli and let out a loud yell, punching the brick house. I heard his hand crack so I knew it was most likely broken. He pushed past the people in the doorway and disappeared into the house.

I looked down at Eli, feeling myself grow more and more emotional every time I looked at him. I gently pressed my lips against his forehead bidding my last goodbye to him as his soul departed from his body.

"Don't forget about me up there." I whisper closing my eyes as my tears fall harder. Kehlani pulls me into her and we both cry against each other.

Don't forget about me..

Well then...*wipes tear* how are y'all feeling?

RIP Eli. Gone too soon🤧

I hope you all enjoyed. I'll try to update again soon since y'all still like my stuff. Thank you for the love and support on this book and my others ones. You have no idea how happy that makes me and I promise I'll get those updated. You have my word so if I break it, feel free to go off.😂