(Y/n): hello?

The voice on the other line sounded both shrill and low at the same time. it sent chills down my spine as it pierced my eardrums like the sound of a piano in a dead silent manor.

???: hello (y/n)...

(Y/n): hey boss.

It was my work study mentor, the spine chilling hero, Nightcloak.

Nightcloak's quirk is called "Night Terror" it allows him to look into the minds of his opponents and find out what they're most afraid of. Not only that, but his quirk also lets him shapeshift into a much more monstrous form of that fear. Of course, it only workings if the target is afraid of something you can physically see, such as spiders, snakes, or even birds.

Given his quirk, he's adopted a sort of "terror of the night" kind of persona.

(A/n) if you have a better hero name tell me)

Anyway, he continued.

Nightcloak: I need you to come by the agency, we need to talk about something.

(Y/n): alright, I'm on my way now.

Nightcloak: I'll see you then.

We both hung up.

I immediately put on my UA uniform, grabbed my hero costume, and left campus.

After a while I arrived at the Nightcloak hero agency. I went in and entered his office. The moment I walked in he stood up from his desk. His purplish black, hooded cloak draped over his back as a pair of purple eyes looked at me through the darkness under the hood.

Nightcloak: good, you're here. Now we can talk.

I shut the door and walked closer to his desk. On his desk was a map of a city block with a red circle drawn around 1 building.

(Y/n): what's this for?

Nightcloak: alright, lately there have been a spike in assault and battery reports in this area. The victims claimed that they were attacked while passing through alleyways that pasted by this building

He pointed at the red circle.

Nightcloak: I decided to do some snopping around and found out that the place was an underground fight club. Our goal is to secure the area and arrest everyone involved, and I want you to come along.

(Y/n): and you're briefing me on this and not your sidekicks because...?

Nightcloak: I already briefed them, they're out patrolling the area for any escape points or external hideouts. We'll also be teaming up with another hero agency for some more muscle. I'll be getting in contact with the police to get a warrant.

(Y/n): when are we gonna strike?

Nightcloak: tommorow morning, make sure to get plenty of sleep tonight.

(Y/n): alright, see ya tommorow.

I walked out of his office and left.