[1]

Sam jumped out of bed, alarmed, not knowing what to expect.

The nearest clock read: 2:37.

This definitely was a strange and dangerous emergency. She pulled on her thick brimmed glasses and ran for the kitchen, a little clumsy because of the lack of light.

It could be Claude, the sweet, old lady who lived next door, or some delivery that she must have ordered.

Either ways, she needed to be ready in defense, just in case.

The light knocking of her apartment door, kept going on, while she retrieved a knife from one of her kitchen drawers. Luckily one of the lamps in her living room were on.

A few seconds passed by while she tiptoed her way to the entrance. The knocking had stopped.

Sam mentally cursed this building for the lack of peepholes. Her heart raced with anticipation and fear.

This could be a murderer, like in some movies she had once watched.

This is reality. She thought while shaking her head and concentrating.

With not a minute to waste, she unlocked the door slowly and it flung open.

She let out a scream when she saw the knocking stranger land on her carpet as soon as the door had opened.

The stranger started groaning and coughing at the same time. Sam took a deep breath.

Okay. She told herself. In cases like these, she needed to keep calm no matter what.

Unless the stranger decided to hurt her.

For some moments, the stranger that resulted to be a man, laid still and Sam managed to flip on the livingroom light switch and to her horror, the man did look like an assassin.

Out of pure caution and a little bit of curiosity, Sam kneeled down to tap him on the shoulder. To see if he was conscious.

She knew she shouldn't get close but this man looked wounded.

Slowly the man turned and Sam stiffened when she saw his bleeding lips and a few cuts on his face.

She stood and stumbled backwards, backing into a wall.

The man rolled over, revealing a red spot on the carpet and some of the strange clothes he was wearing.

Sam didn't notice the blood that had stained the carpet, because all of her full attention was focused on the metal arm.

He was real.

So all of that report and research that she had been doing, did not go in vain.

Some Russian escaped the Winter Soldier's mouth and that's what bought Sam back down to Earth. To reality.

The Winter Soldier was sick. Tired and needed a place to rest. He needed something to help him remember all those things that the fall of the Triskellion had revealed.

He didn't know anywhere where he could stay. No one to teach him how to survive this century that he didn't recognize. He wanted someone. Anyone, but HYDRA.

So by walking down this familiar building, he had guessed it would be a good option to knock politely, but not before getting himself into a fight between an assaulter. That eventually ended up in some mild wounds.

But then again, his politeness reminded him of...him. The man he used to be before he became what he became.

"Do you need anything?", the small angelic voice seemed to put him at ease.

"My name's Samantha. But you can calk me Sam.", she smiled.

What's there to smile about? He thought while he took a glimpse at the source of the voice, because currently he was taking the whole place in.

Nothing like HYDRA.

Sam didn't know what to say or do. She only asked, to receive no response.

But again, she tried. " Are you hurt?" Now noticing the blood on the white carpet, she panicked.

He nodded his head in the slightest while he managed to sit up.

"No, wait don't !", she ran to him and kneeled once more, just to make sure he wasn't dying.

She hoped that he wasn't at least gravely injured. He groaned when she tried to find where the source of the blood was. Sam, being the nervous nurse she always was, she pulled her hands back and pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

"Here don't move," she started while running a hand through her blonde hair. "I need to get my medical equipment."

With that, the strange woman ran off into another habitation.

The Soldier just stayed put to any harm that would eventually come. But something was different. This moment was different.

Some of the things in here could represent a trap of some sort. Some clever thing that Alexander had thought of.

He didn't know why he chose this particular door.

It could have been the lack of deco outside. Not even a peephole to try to guess what went inside.

Luckily, a nice woman had popped out of the blue and had at least not tried to kill him.

Sam watched him with pure curiosity from one of the walls that divided the living room from the sleeping rooms.

Even though she knew him, she couldn't be sure of what he was capable of. One thing she did know: HYDRA had used him. And by using it means a terrible thing.

Deciding that it was getting a bit creepy to keep watch on him, she raced to the restroom and retrieved her equipment as fast as she could.

              -»  -»  -»

Author's Special Note: I wrote this when I was twelve, mkay? That means if you by any chance find something wrong with the story, my huge apologies in advance.