Ricky and Cassidy, after The Freak

Cassidy's pov
As I race into my bedroom to pack a bag, I ponder if I should take a photo of my mom, dad, and me. How confident I was that I would always have contact with them, go to college at Darrow University so I could be near them. That fucking parrot and freak ruined it all. I had to hurry, the gang, well, what was left, were all waiting for me outside. I left the photo, but took my secret prom picture of Ricky and I and headed out the window.
I was the last stop, now we were to drive away from Crystal Cove. The plan is to drive at least 4 hours away, then Brad and Judy would ditch the van, but a new one, and head off to another state, they wouldn't tell me where. "Ricky, do you want to stay together, just for a little while?" I whispered urgently. "Sure, but we should split from this state too. They're going North, let's go West." He whispered back. He was squeezing his bag like he was afraid it would leave him. It all made sense, seeing as his parrot, who he had cared for and nurtured since the 6th grade, had left him out to dry to gain a piece of the planispheric disk. I grabbed and squeezed his hand, he smiled.
The 4 hours were spent mostly in silence, a rare occurrence. We were all shell shocked, betrayed by who we thought was a friend. Ricky and I continued to hold hands until hour 3, when he put his arm around me. "I don't think we have enough money to buy a car." He whispered. "Brad and Judy are going to buy a new car, we can buy a used." I whispered back. "Do you think we'll be able to see Brad and Judy ever again?" Ricky was silent for a moment before whispering back "I don't think so. But even if we do, it won't ever be the same." I sighed and put my head on his shoulder. It was time to ditch the van. We all gathered our things, got out of the car and let Brad place a brick on the gas pedal. Then it was over. Ricky and I hugged Judy and Brad, said our goodbyes and best of lucks, then got in our separate cars and drove off.
2 hours in our drive West, I fell asleep. Luckily, Ricky was driving. I don't know what we will do now, just me and him, but I know  that whatever comes, we'll face it together.