We walk in silence for a few minutes before dad decides to break the awkward silence. "So Archon tells me you saved a human police officer." I roll my eyes at his blunt words, leave it to dad to just jump in. "I did, I don't find it necessary for an innocent human to die in Pack matters." I am very surprised that he didn't ask about Fred being involved in this whole thing. Dad just hums  a little in answer "You're  right Vincent is a Pack matter, not a human one." He is deliberately taking slow steps, stalling my meeting with the King. Not that it worries me; the King seems to be having a very busy conversation with Keelan and his family. It just annoys me that my dad chooses now to come and talk to me, then again my dad is known for his bad timing in matters revolving around feelings and such.

        I take some pity on him as I see him struggle with the words, the right words refuse to come out. Yet I say nothing, he needs to say them for his and my sake, just to get it off his chest. "I know I haven't been the best father in the world to you or your brother." I stumble a little at the sincerity in his words, he grabs a hold of me, a hold he wouldn't release during the whole time he spoke. "And I know I have done things, made bad decisions concerning how you and your brother were raised. I do apologise for that I do." I snort at that, not really believing him. "The way I raised you and your brother was the way my father raised me, it's the only way I know." 

        Dad stops grabbing me by the shoulders, looking me right in the eye "I am not looking for any of your forgiveness, I know I don't deserve it, not yet anyway. But I would like you to give me some time, I am trying to change, but changing takes time. That's all I ask of you son, give me time to change my ways for the better." I slowly nod my head smiling slightly, I am glad my dad finally found the courage to admit to me that he had made mistakes. Willing to change because of those mistakes, that is a lot more than I can say for other Cat Clan members.

        "Riley" The low voice of the King reaches me as I watch my dad walk back to mom who looks in my direction worriedly. I smile a little and wave before turning and walking up to the King and Keelan. I wince slightly as I bow formally, my broken ribs making themselves known. "Your Highness, you wished to speak to me?" Before he can answer Keelan cuts in "I am so sorry Riley, really I am." Flabbergasted at his reaction and the fact that the King doesn't reprimand him for it, I look confused back to the King. He smiles slightly at for the first time in what I think is forever. "Wha-what is going on Your Highness?" To my utter surprise Keelan walked up to the King and hugged him, HUGGED HIM! My mouth dropped to the floor, the mere fact that the King allowed Keelan to touch him was unbelievable. The King never let anyone touch him, no matter what, no matter how dire the situation.

        The King chuckled at my shocked expression, "As you might have guessed, Keelan is mine." He looked tenderly at Keelan as he gently petted his head. "Ah, right. Of course." I didn't know what else to say as my mind went a mile a minute, working through why the Cat Clan wanted Keelan so badly, why Vincent was interested in Keelan. "You are taking this incredibly well." The King remarked, I just shrugged. "I know everything about impossible mates." Chuckling the King gently extracted himself from Keelan's death grip "True. But that's not the reason I wanted to talk to you." He turned to fully face me. "You intervened to save an none Pack member and by doing so you attacked what is mine." I swallowed thickly, struggling not to cave under the pressure of the King's heavy stare and threating tone. "I know Your Highness. But those were innocent lives, they had nothing to do with Keelan, Victor or the Pack."

        "I know. And that's why I appoint you and Archon as managers of the human delegation party." I started apologising before he finished that sentence. "I am truly sorry Your Highness. Archie had nothing – Wait what?" The King smiles a genuine smile. "We need more people like you and Archie. Wanting to work together with humans to avoid situations like this one instead of working against them. You will report to me next week with Archon about your new posts understand?" 

        I was still standing in the same spot when I spoke with the King. "Weird huh?" Blinking I came back to the here and now. "Yeah... I mean that was something I didn't expect. I mean I didn't know I would be fired." I felt Archie tense against me, "What do you mean you're going to be fired?!" I smile at his outraged face "It's okay Archie, I got another job, a better one." Archie looked confused "But you said..." I chuckle shaking my head as I let Archie lead me to a Pack vehicle. "I mean The King appointed the two of us as managers of the new human delegation party. We need to report to the King next week for our duties."

        Groaning slightly I gently let myself fall on the back leather seat of the car, dropping my head gently on the headrest. "We need to stop by the Pack doctor before going home, you need to have some tests done concerning your concussion." Archie finally slips into the car, cuddles up to my side, making me sleepy with his warmth.

        Strained and utterly tired Archie and I leave the Pack doctor's office an half an hour later. I sink down on the couch and threw an arm over my eyes. "So I take it you don't want to eat just yet?" Archie called from the kitchen. I winched at the sounds of pots and pans clinking together. "No, food is fine. Just nothing too heavy for the moment." I heard Archie hum in agreement as I heard the fridge open and close. "I will make you some chicken soup okay?"  I closed my eyes tiredly "Yeah that's fine." I heard Archie rummage in a pantry looking for bowls and the opening and closing of drawers as he searched for a spoon. Not long after Archie enter the living room carrying a tray with two steaming bowls. He made a salute with his spoon "Here's to working together!" I returned the gesture "To working together."