Fix Me Up- Reggie x Luke angst

Start from the beginning

Reggie stands up from the table and makes his way to the door, looking to see if Luke or Julie were noticing, but they didn't say anything. He shrugs and steps out and the moment he does, Alex quickly yet gently closed the door.

"Reginald, I think you're jealous."

Those are the first 5 words that come out of the blonde's mouth.

Alex is leaning on the door with his arms crossed and a slight smirk.

Reggie let's out a huff of air out of disbelief before nervously laughing and posing awkwardly to look normal.

"What? That's crazy! Why would I be jealous?" Reggie asks, his voice going higher and his smile becoming awkwardly bigger.

Alex chuckles slightly and puts his hands in his pockets.

"I know you're jealous because I was the same way one time in my life. Reggie! Did you have a secret crush on Julie and you didn't tell us? Come on! You can tell us anything!" Alex exclaims, throwing his hands out of his pockets.

Reggie feels his face flush and his legs grow a little wobbly.

No.

That's not right.

It is jealousy..., but

"No man, you're crazy! I don't have a crush on Julie! I would tell you if I did!" Reggie replies, punching Alex's shoulder playfully.

Now Alex is lost. Reggie definitely looked like he was longing for something. He looked the same way when Julie and Luke were holding each other's faces the night they didn't cross over.

He didn't like Julie...

So what was the problem?

"I don't get it..."

"What don't you get?" Reggie asks, rubbing his arm, feeling the leather from his jacket brush on his palms.

"Why are you jealous?"

Oh

Reggie felt like there was a lump in his throat and his eyes turned to peek through a window and Luke who began to lean into Julie, wrapping his arm tightly around her. His mood drops drastically.

He's happy for them..., but it doesn't feel right.

There shouldn't be an issue.

Luke is happy!

That should make Reggie happy.

But-

Alex looks over to where Reggie seems to be distracted and suddenly

it clicks.

"You said something about their chemistry earlier....right?" Alex asks, now turning to look at Reggie, his eyebrows are now lowered and the corner of his lips fall to become more serious.