Percy shrieked in happiness and ran toward her best friend at school- Andelin-Nelsons, also known as Andy. Dick stood where he was with a smile on his face. Percy had many good friends here at Gotham Academy, everyone loved her, both guys and girls. She just had this lovely aura around her that everyone adores.

"I'm so happy to see you," Percy yelled out, literally squeezing the air out of Andy. "How are you? What did you do over the summer?"

Poor Andy tries to speak but Percy was holding on too tight for her to even make a peep. Dick pitted the brown hair girl, who was trapped in the tight embrace. Andelin's expression said nothing but 'help'

"Birdy," Dick said, trying not to smirk, "You might wanna...loosen up a bit..."

"Sorry..."

Andy struggled free and took a big gulp of air. "Damn, Percy! You have gotten a lot stronger over the summer! What the heck did you do? Did you work out or something?"

The clear answer to that question is a definite yes, in fact, they work out every day in the Bat-cave. It's a surviving skill to keep them alive when in crime-fighting. But obviously, Andelin can't know about it.

"No, I'm just excited." Percy lied easily. Andelin shook her head in disbelief.

"Come on, today is the first day of school, I don't wanna be late for the introduction speech at the Gym. You get points counted off for that." Andy said. "Ridiculous..." She rolled her eyes.

Percy turned to walk away with her female friend but stopped and looked towards Dick. "Are you coming?" She asked him.

Dick smiles but shakes his head. "No, you go ahead, I'm promised Axel Aguirre over the phone last night that I did wait for him by the Main Building." He went up and pulled Percy in for a hug. "We will join you real soon, save a seat for me."

Percy smiled and nodded before running a few steps to catch up with Andy. Her ponytail swaying in the air. Dick watched as she disappeared out of sight. How did that girl manage to make academy uniforms look fabulous is still a wonder to Dick.

"You know, she is long gone, right? You can stop staring now." A voice said from behind him, startling him back into reality. Axel Aguirre Stood beside the main building pillar just behind him with a knowing smile on his face.

"Oh, hi, Axel..." Dick greeted the brown-eyed boy with a bit of awkwardness for being caught red-handed staring.

"Good to see you, bro," Axel pushed himself up and walked beside Dick. "You know, It's high time you tell her your feelings, and you better do it soon or else she will be taken."

The bird-hero sighed. "I know...but it's harder than it seems, what if she doesn't feel the same with me? What if she just sees me as a friend instead of a lover?"

Axel shook his head at him. "Dude, I guarantee you she likes you, as something more than just a friend. You just gotta work up the courage to tell her."

"Maybe," Dick mumbled, still doubting.

They entered the Gym just in time before the semester speech began. Dick spotted Percy immediately in the benches. She waved her hand at them, gesturing for them to join her and her friend. They manoeuvred through the massive student body, Dick had to ignore the eyes of many jealous boys who were envious of his relationship with Percy.

"Hey Axel," Percy greeted the boy, then she turned to Dick. "What took you guys so long?"

"Nothing," Dick lied, not meeting her sea-green eyes. "We were just talking."

"Hey, lovebirds," A female voice said from behind. "You two better shut up or the principle might hear you." Dick's face immediately heated up hearing this, his gaze fell down and he didn't dare look at Percy.