Chapter 2

My body still tense as if the fall was still going to happen. I notice how high I am, this guy must be really tall. I then shiver as the sing-song voice chirps once more, "Hey you alright~???" I edge my gaze swiftly, and the first thing that catches my eye is red.

Spiky red hair.

And his deep red eyes. 

A dark intense crimson, almost like an embers' last breath. I can't help but be entranced, almost like I could sink and fall in all over again. It's so- He's so- "Beautiful."

It didn't connect to me on how random and bizarre my comment is until he cocks his head to the side, "Hah?" I feel the embarrassment immediately set aflame to my face,

"I- Uh- th-thank you beautiful-AH I MEAN JUST BEAUTIFUL-N-NO! JUST THANK YOU!! F-FOR CATCHING ME..!!"

Well there's no coming back from that now. I cover my tepid face with my equally warm hands in self-consciousness.

I glance back at him. His head is hung low. "H-hey are you alright???" Oh god, I've made him angry..! He sulks his head.

I see him shaking, but it then dissolves into howls of laughter! "Nyahahaha-OH man! Wow-" He then looks at me and cracks up again, "Pfft bwahaha-!"

I'm too flustered and confused and I just start stuttering, trying to sound annoyed but my voice is even higher than before, "N-no! S-stop laughing at me!"

Pleading in utter humiliation as this guy finally stops laughing. By this point we're both in tears, him in stitches and me in ever-growing shame.

Ugh. This can't get any worse, "Ahaha I'm sorry I just really wasn't expecting that!" He turns to me with a koi smile, something almost sincere about it, "I think you're the first to have ever say that to me."

Nervous but I bravely question further, "R-really? How come??" His face changes to visible pondering, looking up as if it would help him find the answer.

He then pulls back to me, and bluntly says, "Everyone usually calls me scary or creepy,"

But then he shrugs, "However, I prefer the term...'Unique~'."

His voice deepens at the last part making me shiver. "I- I see.." I look down at my fingers and then notice his, both of them have two of their fingers bandaged up, I wonder how he got them?

But before I can ask, I stop. Becoming very aware that he's still carrying me, I can't help but blush harder, he's holding me so close.!

He raises an eyebrow as if he knows I want to say something, "Yes~?" I nervously glance back and forth while my fingers twitch slightly, "Uhm c-could you put me down?"

I don't know why I'm so hesitant to ask such a reasonable request. It's almost like I'm not sure myself if I want to stay like this or not.

He smirks and chuckles, his eyes lazily slit, "Of course." He gently leans down, and for a matter of seconds we are even closer than before, cradling me in his chest.

I swear I can hear his heart beat; slow and calm while mine is pounding so loud I can feel it in my ears. Setting me down carefully, letting go of my legs first and keeping a hand around my arm for support.

"There you go~" and just like that, I'm out of his arms, my skin lightly tingling from his touch.

((A.N: Ah, I'm quite happy with this so far! Anyway thanks for reading and have a lovely day!💛💚💙💜))