The moon

-A week later-

Today is the day.All my training.All my torture.For this one day.

The soldier has been ignoring me all week like, like he forgot what happened.I didn't attempt to see him, because now there are guards on look out all night.I'm not losing my life over the only rule I must obey.

Love is for children. I don't have a place in this world.

We went to the shower room to get cleaned and ready for the fight.Even though we won't stay clean for long.This morning i felt the whole mood over the girls change, like they had been enemies their whole life.Everyone showed no expression, they and i know what's was coming.

....

We were told to line up in our usual order.I was always last.

This was the fight of our lives, and to save our lives.

"Each of you will go up against the soldier, through there".He pointed at a door, I don't think we've ever entered before.

"You will be given five minutes each, and then you can leave, remember, this is to become the black widow, this is the chance for one of you to take a place in the world...now go the soldier is waiting".Ivan spoke grimly.

He turned away but i realised before he did his eyes traced to me.This is not going to be good.

The first girl walked in.All we heard was pain and whimpers.Everyone looked petrified.Before we knew it she was being carried out.There was blood dripping from everywhere.She was alive.Barely.

The next girl went in trembling, and the next and another.Until the last girl came out before me.However...

She was dead.

I took deep breaths, hoping he would recognise me, and what we had.Whatever it was.Maybe it was myself getting carried the way.The first time i have truly fallen for someone.But i don't know why.

He was a killer, i murderer.Like me.

I was in a trance until the guard repeated again. "Natalia, go,"Sternly.I nodded my head in return.

I slowly opened the door, the only thing that was blocking my fear, was hope.Hope that he cared for me.If he did to begin with.

Shortly i realised.The room was pitch black.I turned around one more time, but the door was shut heavily by one of the guards.I was trapped with a soldier, a soldier who's only thought was to kill.I couldn't even see where he was.

I put my fists up.Ready for anything.I metal fist swung at me unexpectedly which i somehow managed to dodge.I then realised there was some, but very minimal light coming through i small crack in the roof.It was the moon.

The soldier then stood in that light, and i got to see him.He wore his goggles and mask per usual.I don't understand how he can see with them on.My eyes then fixated on something on him.It was blood.

He lunged at me unexpectedly.This time i couldn't dodge it.He smashed my back against the wall roughly,I'm surprised it didn't break my spine.

He then swung at me again but I dodged it.I need him to recognise me.

"James"I whispered, but in response he grunted and swung at me again.I dodged it again.

"James please"I continued but nothing.

I hit back unexpectedly.He grunted again though the impact.But still not moving.

He then dragged me away from the wall.I got my chance.My only chance so far.I quickly swing my legs around his neck and managed to slam him to the ground.But he got even angrier.I put my fists up as he effortlessly pushed me against the wall, he grabbed both of my hands with one metal fist.