"We want to expand our line of products," Fred said as we exited the store. "We need to find out what people are willing to buy."

We walked down the street and stopped in front of the Three Broomsticks.

"Fancy a butterbeer?" Lee asked.

I nodded and Fred held the door as we headed in.

We sat down at a table, and I noticed Hermione sitting by herself in a corner.

"That's strange," I remarked. "I thought Harry was coming to Hogsmeade as well."

Fred brought us our butterbeers and we all chugged them down in a haste.

I hated to admit it, but I was actually enjoying myself. Things were never dull with Fred, George, and Lee.

But the good feeling disappeared when Ron came up to our table.

"Can I sit with you guys?" he asked, not looking in my direction.

"No." all three of the boys said at once.

"Why not?" Ron demanded.

"Because you've been a lousy git, that's why not!" Fred retorted.

"It's not my fault! She's the one who sided with Harry!" Ron pointed his finger in my direction.

"Everyone sided with Harry!" George said, raising his voice. "He's your best friend! Get your priorities straight!"

Ron stormed off moments later.

"Well, how about another round?" Fred asked.

***

The first task was about to begin. Each champion would be fighting a dragon to collect a golden egg.

I couldn't even begin to imagine what Harry could be feeling. It was nerve wracking just to watch.

The first champion to compete was Cedric. Hermione and I watched as he transfigured a rock into a dog.

"A dog?" Hermione whispered. "That won't hold the dragon off nearly long enough."

And she was right. The dragon was only distracted for a couple minutes before it quickly turned its attention back to Cedric.

It took fifteen minutes, but he finally captured the egg.

Fleur was next. She used a simple spell to put the dragon to sleep, but when the dragon snored, she was in the line of fire.

"Oh....nearly!" Bagman shouted gleefully. "Careful now...good lord, I thought she'd had it then!"

But eventually, Fleur succeeded as well.

Krum was third, and he used a blinding charm to disable the dragon. This was a mistake, though, because the dragon was now out of control.

"Very daring!" Bagman yelled.

The dragon let out a roaring shriek.

"That's some nerve he's showing— and— yes, he's got the egg!"

Finally, it was Harry's turn.

My heart was pounding in my chest. This dragon looked the most dangerous, and definitely the most angry.

"Accio Firebolt!" Harry shouted.

But nothing happened. A minute passed, and still nothing.

"Oh no," Hermione muttered.

But then there was a noise, and the Firebolt came hurtling toward Harry and soared into the enclosure.

The crowd let out a cheer, and Bagman was shouting joyously.

Harry mounted the broom and started to distract the dragon.

"Great Scott, he can fly!" yelled Bagman.

And then Harry flew higher and higher, and then dived abruptly.

He seized the egg, and everyone was shouting and cheering. Hermione and I yelled until our throats felt raw.

"Let's go!" Hermione tugged on my jacket.

We hurried down to the tent and almost crashed into Harry. I caught a glimpse of red hair out of the corner of my eye, and I knew Ron had followed us.

"Harry, you were brilliant!" Hermione said squeakily. "You were amazing! You really were!"

I pulled Harry into a tight hug.

"Thank god you weren't killed!" I exclaimed. "You were fantastic! Good job, honestly!"

I finally released Harry, and he met Ron's gaze.

"Harry," Ron said, very seriously, "whoever put your name in that goblet— I— I reckon they're trying to do you in!"

"Caught on, have you?" said Harry coldly. "Took you long enough."

Ron opened his mouth, but Harry spoke first.

"It's okay," he said. "Forget it."

"No," said Ron, "I shouldn't've—"

"Forget it," Harry said.

The boys grinned at each other. Ron finally stopped and turned to face me.

"Ella— well—you were right to defend Harry." he said hesitantly.

"Of course I was!" I said defensively.

"And I was a real jerk to you," Ron said.

"Yes, you were."

"And I'm sorry. I hope you can forgive me."

"Well, I suppose I can," I said, breaking into a smile.

Ron smiled back, and I hurried to give him a tight hug. I had missed my best friend.

Hermione suddenly burst into tears, and I pulled away from Ron.

"There's nothing to cry about!" Harry told her.

"You all are so stupid!" she shouted, stamping her foot on the ground.

The next moment, she hurried over to hug each of us, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Barking mad," said Ron, shaking his head. "Harry, c'mon, they'll be putting up your scores..."

Ron and Harry walked out of the tent side by side, talking as if nothing had ever come between them.

"You were the best, you know," Ron was saying, talking fast. "Cedric did this weird thing where he Transfigured a rock on the ground..."

Hermione and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes.