Chapter 1: Belong To The City

Start from the beginning

She says it every time she comes over, but I didn't see anything wrong with it. No kids, no man, no one to make a mess. So as far as I was concerned my house could be however I liked.

"So what's up Cyn, why you ain't gettin' dressed we have to go." Keyshia questioned looking up at me.

"Because like I said, I have work to do."

"No you don't Cyn. They'll love whatever you got, don't give yo self a headache going over that. Come on now and get dressed so we can head out." She tried again.

"No Key."

"Yes Cyn."

"No Key."

-------------------------------------------

-2 hours later-

"Why did I even come out here with you broads?" I groaned stepping through the crowd of people to get to our section in the back.

"Because we a lot of fun, and you was gonna miss out on an amazing night if you didn't come with us." Bambi stated shrugging her shoulders as we all took a seat in our booth.

"Yea whatever."

The waitress came over asking what we wanted tonight, and Keyshia took the liberty to place an order for two bottles of Rosay. I ordered a Long island on the side, and a cup of lemons. The waitress jotted down what we needed, and left out to go get our stuff.

"Man the club is packed tonight!" Keyshia shouted over the music.

Both Bambi, and I nodded agreeing with her. The club was oddly packed tonight even for a Saturday in downtown New York. We got in pretty quickly for what little street cred I did have, and the fact that both of the bouncers working tonight had gone to high school with us all. One even had a crush on Keyshia, but she been swervin' him for as long as I could remember.

"Like it's too crowded, I wonder what's going on up in here tonight!" Bambi stated.

Just then the DJ had stopped the music to make an announcement.

"Oh snap look who just walked in to the building! Mr.August Alsina!" The DJ yelled.

He made a few horn noises on the stereo. I looked up, and over to see August walking into the DJ booth, and giving the dude some dap before taking the mic out of his hand. He waited a bit for the crowd to stop cheering before speaking.

"What is muhfuckin up New York? Yo boy jus' moved outchea, gettin' a feela dis hea' night life y'all got goin' on, but what's up? Y'all gotta show your boy Yung a good time outchea man, so let's turn up!" He shouted handing the mic back to the DJ, and causing the crowd to cheer even more.
He stepped down, and headed up to the balcony level that was blocked off for him, and his camp. I smiled looking up at him knowing that his move here would be a good business opportunity for me.

"Mmhm, I see you over there with those dollar signs in your eyes Ms.Rivera." Keyshia smiled down at me.

I looked over, and laughed at her because she knew me too well.

"Hell yea. Now I'm about to go over there, and see what I can get done." I stated grabbing my clutch, and pulling down my dress.

I stepped out into the crowd, and headed across the club to the steps that lead to the balcony. Once I got there I saw another set of familiar bouncers standing at the bottom of the steps.

"Hey Kevin!" I cheered pulling him into a hug.

"Aye, little bit, what's up? What you doin' out here?" He asked as I pulled away, and he took his regular stance.