“Only for a couple of days,” unfortunately, Lauren thought to herself. “My agent called me and said she set for me to make appearances at some book events in New York.”

“Do you think I could stay here while you’re gone? I don’t have anywhere else to go, please,” Ally said as she gave Lauren pleading eyes.

Lauren shooked her head, “I don’t know if I’m comfortable with that Ally,” for some reason, she really was uncomfortable with having Ally in her apartment; probably, cause Lauren spent quite a great deal designing and organizing everything perfectly, so she was afraid Ally would somehow screw something up. She looked into Ally’s pleading eyes and reluctantly sighed, “Alright, look, how bout I let you stay in my small house down by the beach? The only thing is I usually put Queenie down there and hire someone to look after her, so instead of that, you’re just going to have to watch her.”

Ally immediately nodded her head as she gave Lauren a big hug, “Thank you, thank you, thank you!” she said really quick while giving Lauren a tight squeeze as Lauren awkwardly patted her back in return.

A couple hours later, Lauren let Ally drive her to the airport, from there she was going to go straight to the house on the beach. Once they were outside the airport, Lauren turned around as she sadly said to Queenie, “You be good now, Queens, mommy will be back really soon.” Lauren then turned back to Ally as she said, “Remember to walk her three times a day, brush her fur twice a day or else it gets all knotty, and oh, remember she likes her water room temperature, and-”

“Okay, Lauren, you already told me all of this twice and even wrote it down,” Ally interrupted, motioning towards the paper Lauren had given her of the quite long list of reminders that she had to do. Ally rolled her eyes, never before had she encountered such a pampered pup, really lives up to its name actually.

Lauren sighed, “Okay,” it was hard for her to leave her dog, her true only companion, with someone else. She worried for Queenie just as if she were actually her daughter. She then turned back on to the dog, giving her a quick kiss on the head before saying, “Goodbye”, and moving to get out of the car.

Ally said goodbye back, thinking the goodbye was for her when actually it was for the dog; Lauren was only really saying goodbye to her baby, Queenie.

--

It’s only been a day since Lauren left and Ally sees that Queenie not only lives up to her name through the pamperness that Lauren does, but also because Queenie is also rather snobby and bitchy, and just plain intolerable at times. “Drink your water, dammit!” Ally said, she put her finger in the bowl, was it too cold? Maybe too hot? A dog shouldn’t even have a fucking preference regarding the temperature of water! She heard knocking on the door and immediately Queenie ran to it as All sighed, getting up from the floor while mumbling, “Stupid dog.”

Queenie was scratching on the door, waiting for Ally to open it. Ally eventually did, revealing Troy to be on the other side, “Troy? How did you know I was here?” she asked dumbly.

He rolled his eyes, “You told me, you texted me, ‘I’m at the small house by the beach off of park ave, don’t come here cause I hate you’”