Chapter Fifteen

Depuis le début

He pulled back and stared at me. "I can't explain what I'm feeling. It's like I-"

"Kate!" I turned my head to see Derek coming towards us.

No! I wanted Brandon to finish what he was saying. "It's like what?" I asked.

"Nothing, nevermind." He rubbed the back of his neck and created space as Derek reached.

I shook my head at him.

"There you are. I got distracted, I'm so sorry."

I forced a smile. "That's okay. Brandon found me."

"Thanks man." He hugged him and tugged my hand. "Let's get you a drink."

I looked to Brandon but he kept his head down and I was no better, I allowed him to drag me to the kitchen.

"How were exams?" I casually asked him.

"They were great. All those nights of studying paid off." He grinned at me.

I nodded. Not sure of what to say next.

Suddenly his arms snaked around my waist and pulled me tight against him. His lips came crashing down on mine and his tongue slipped through my lips before I could even protest. I stood there still for a moment, not wanting to kiss back.

His grip tightened and my lips began to mimic his as we kissed. It was evident that Derek was a little too happy and I pulled back.

There, in the doorway stood Brandon staring at me like I had done something wrong. Derek loosened his grip and I instantly went after Brandon. He was quicker than me though, he left before I even got to the door.

I pushed my way through the crowd until I caught up with him on the front lawn, about to jump in his truck.

"Brandon, wait!"

"Wait for what, Kate?" He turned to glare at me. "Wait to see him bring you upstairs? Wait to see him touch you places only I'm allowed to?" His voice rose with each question.

"Of course not! I didn't mean to hurt you-"

He laughed bitterly. "Hurt me? It was just a game remember?" His arms were wide open. "I got what I wanted."

"Thats not true." I softly said. I know it wasn't true. It had to be not true.

"Wake up, sunshine! Your boyfriend's waiting on you." He turned again towards his truck.

I had to stop him from leaving.

"I love you!" I called after him. He stopped instantly but didn't turn around. "After all this time we've spent together, after all we've shared, I fell for you. Deeply."

He remained silent.

"Tell me. Tell me that you don't love me and I'll believe it was all just a game." I was bluffing but at this point, he's the only one I didn't want to lose. "Tell me you don't feel the same way. That I don't make you feel the exact same way you make me feel.

"That you don't get excited when you hear my name, or you don't feel the electricity between us or you just can't help but to think about when you're going to see me again because I do all of that, Brandon. Everyday. I never told you because I'm afraid to lose you. I've never wanted someone so badly before."

This wasn't how I pictured this conversation. I didn't picture it on his front lawn after he caught me tongue tied with someone else. At this point, I didn't feel for Derek what I once did.

"Tell me you don't love me, too." I was desperate for his answer. Hoping he'll say what we both know.

His shoulder moved up and down as he took shallow breaths. "I'm sorry." He said then quickly jumped in his truck and sped off down the street. I stood there looking like a complete idiot, absolutely shocked.

I'm sorry? After I poured out all my feelings and doubts, he said I'm sorry?

My feet felt numb as they took me back into the house. I felt emotionally drained and all I wanted to do was curl up and cry my eyes out. I started up the stairs when something caught my eye.

Derek had some girls' legs wrapped around him while his tongue was down her throat. It didn't even hurt to see it.

I shook my head and continued up the stairs. I plopped down on the first bed I saw and allowed the tears to fall.

Thank you for reading :)

Do you believe what Brandon said?

Were you disappointed in Derek?

Vote if you enjoyed this chapter :)