SIX

Most of the night, Alexis had stuck by Ryan's side, following him around like a lost puppy, though normally the roles would've been reversed

Most of the night, Alexis had stuck by Ryan's side, following him around like a lost puppy, though normally the roles would've been reversed. Alexis was just beyond exhausted and  the alcohol wasn't helping either.

Eventually, most of the guests had gone and it was just the Avengers along with Ryan, Maria Hill, Rhodey, and Dr. Cho.

"But it's a trick!" Clint gestured towards Thor's hammer that was sitting on the table in the middle of their circle of seats that they've set up.

Alexis was lying down, with her head resting on  Ryan's lap.

"Oh no, it's much more than that." Thor said to Barton.

"Uh, 'Whoever be he worthy shall haveth the power!' Whatever man, it's a trick!" Clint rolled his eyes.

"Well please, be my guest." Thor shrugged.

"Come on."

"Really?" Clint raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah!"

Clint stood up and walked over to the hammer.

"Oh, all powerful Clint Barton, is it thou who shall lift up the all mighty hammer?" Alexis joked with an accent.

Everyone let out a small laugh and Ryan giggled as he stared down at her.

"Oh this is gonna be beautiful!" Rhodey rubbed his hands together.

"Clint, you've had a tough week, we won't hold it against you if you can't get it up." Tony said.

The others let out a small laugh.

Clint put his hands on the handle of the hammer and tried to lift it, but the hammer wouldn't budge.

"I still don't know how you do it." Clint sighed and sat back down in previous spot.

"Smell the violent judgment." Tony raised his eyebrows.

"Please, Stark, by all means."

Tony confidently stood up and Alexis slightly rolled her eyes at her over-confident brother.

"Oh, here we go." Nat whispered.

"Because of course." Alexis muttered to Natasha.

"Always the star of the show." Ryan commented to the girls.