Chapter Eight: Meili

Start from the beginning

"Performing Radio Calisthenics is one of the few things I consider liberating – Even moreso when you do it with friends! I'd like to think of it as the big first-step to rebuild trust between us!"

Subaru at this point was actively waving at Beatrice, encouraging her to join them,

"C'mon! Let's do 'em together!" —trying to get the spirit to come out of her hiding spot, but Beatrice simply shook her head.

"I won't entertain your delusional fantasies, I suppose!" Beatrice exclaims, disappearing into the mansion. Subaru reels back a little.

"Geez... When you put it like that, Beako, it just breaks my heart..." Subaru mused to himself in monotone, before turning to the two girls,

"Oh well, like that's ever gonna stop us! Let's wrap this up; I've saved the best for last!"

Emilia nodded, getting back into the spirit.

Rem simply smiles, glad that both of them were on her side.

"And let out a big 'Victory!' Like this!" Subaru raises his arms, and with a big smile—!

"Victory!" He exclaims the words he said yesterday, once more!

"V-Victory!" Emilia follows, albeit embarrassed.

"Victory?" Rem follows the pose, but doesn't follow the vigor like both of them.

Subaru laughs, glad they still put the effort in all the way to the end, "Alright, that's a wrap! I don't know about you two, but I'm fired up for whatever comes today!"

Seeing Subaru pump out his fist, both girls ease into their normal stance. Emilia scratches her cheek,

"I think I feel a bit better than before... I don't know... What about you, Rem?" Emilia turns to the maid, who simply bows her head.

"Rem is just happy she got to spend time with you two." Rem, bowing, speaks like it was matter-of-fact, earning a blush from Emilia.

"G-Geez, Rem — I was talking about the stretches!" Emilia looks away, flustered, "...B-but... I'm glad to spend time with you, t-too..."

Subaru smiles, watching the both of them. The real reason why they were doing this exercise was right in front of him.

After the events of yesterday, he wanted Emilia and Rem to rekindle their friendship. Thankfully, it seems like it didn't take much to do so.

Mission Accomplished!

Unbeknownst to the girls, Subaru looks to his left, and sees Satella standing next to him.

Just like the other girls, she also partook in the exercise... However, she was very much reserved.

She didn't even say 'Victory!' like she did before! That's the best part!

Even now, she was still super-quiet. Subaru reaches to her through their link,

["Satella-tan? You okay?"]