act nine ; physical intoxications

Start from the beginning

You saw the sorrowful expression he had as he broke down.
"...I wanted to protect you, (Y/n)..." His voice was starting to crack.
"...I'm weak! I'm far too weak!" He slowly stood up, hands covering his face in agony. He shouted aloud,
"I don't wanna die!" Tears streamed down his cheeks. "But I am gonna die!"

"Stop it, Yuji!" You protested, trying to shake him out of his dilemma. "You're not dead yet, are you?! So, stop bitching around and make it count!"

'Stop being such a wimp, brat.'

Itadori gritted his teeth in sudden anger, seemingly awakened from your minor speech.
'All the hate, fear, regret...Let it all out, and put it on your fist!'
A red hue of cursed energy emerged from the palm of Itadori's hand and he gripped them in a fist, creating a concentrated source of energy. He began charging towards the curse under you, alerting it.

To protect itself, it forcefully released a blow of cursed energy from its back, immediately throwing you off. You screamed in terror as you flew away to a nearby wall, watching with wide eyes as it stood tall and awaited Itadori's attack.

Itadori thrusted his fist towards the curse's face but alas, it had faster reflexes. It caught his fist, sucking out and dampening all the cursed energy he had. It grinned in pure ecstasy, finding enjoyment in shutting the boy's hopes down.
"D-Damn it!" He cursed.

When it finally seemed like everything was in vain, a sudden ray of hope revealed itself. A roaring howl of a wolf resonated through the air.
"That's Fushiguro's signal!" You cried out, desperate. "Yuji, switch!"

He stared at your figure behind the curse in disbelief. One look from his expression was enough for you to understand that he was worried for your safety.
"Just do it! I'll be fine!"

Choosing to trust your decision, he let his body rest, giving room for his residing demon to finally show up. Dark markings began to appear on his skin, and the creases under his eyes popped open, revealing the second pair Sukuna has. His lips drawled out a large smirk.

You breathed a sigh of relief.

Wait, what?

'Why the hell do I feel relieved?"
You questioned your sanity but your eyes didn't waver from the scene before you.

Sukuna's sudden appearance surprisingly made the monster took a cautious step back, distancing itself from him. He tilted his head to look past the curse. Checking your condition, he clicked his tongue at the sight of you all battered up with your clothes ragged.
"What a thoroughly annoying brat, a coward till the very end. Protect you? What a fucking joke, he's ten thousand years too early for that."

Hearing him diss your friend, you couldn't just let it slide.
"He wasn't a coward! He tried his damn best to land a punc-!"
You choked on your words when he suddenly appeared right in front of you in the speed of light, crimson eyes staring deep into your soul.
"Did I ask for your fucking opinion?"
To your surprise, he kicked your frail body by your sides, sending you sliding across the floor until you stopped right next to the monstrous cursed spirit.

Feeling the blood draining from your face, the reality of the situation finally sinks in your mind.
'You're fucking stupid, (Y/n)! What were you thinking?! Of course he wouldn't spare you!"
You watched in horror as the curse reached its hand out to you in an attempt to finish you off.