act five ; fateful reunion

"Attention passengers, this train will arrive to Harajuku shortly. For your safety, please stand away from the automatic doors."

Listening to the woman's voice on the train's speakers, you stirred awake from your slumber and suppressed a yawn. Your fingers gently caressed the black feline on your lap, awakening him from his short rest too.
"Kuro, wake up. We're here."

As the train came to a stop, you reached for your luggage bag resting next to your seat. Kuro climbed up onto your shoulder and followed you in leaving the bullet train's interior.

You took a deep breath of the fresh air around you.
'Ah, Tokyo...I might as well enjoy a bit while I'm here.'

From the corner of your eye, you spotted a flash of blue moving beside you. Turning your head, your (e/c) eyes caught sight of a girl with short orange hair walking past. Her bright brown eyes complimented her distinct features and with the perfect touch of those pouty pink lips, you were definitely mesmerised.

"Something wrong, (Y/n)?"

Kuro's voice brought you back from your dazed state. A faint blush crept up your cheeks as you were caught in your act. You awkwardly laughed it off, not wanting to be embarrassed further.
"Ah, it's nothing...Just an eye candy, I guess..."

He gave you a questioning look but decides not to pursue it any deeper.
"Oh, by the way, wanna stop by the shops and stores outside? Let's grab a snack before we head to our destination!"

= = = = = =

"Let's grab a snack, my ass." Kuro grumbled, "You're the only one having a treat."
He glared the (f/f)-flavoured chocolate bar in your right hand. Your lips gave him a teasing smile.
"Well? I can't just buy another and let you hold it, can I? Those people who can't see you would start saying I'm crazy if they see a floating chocolate bar out of nowhere."

The cat bared its fangs to you, upset that he can't deny the truth in your words. He moved his head to look in the other direction, away from your face. You chuckled, amused.
'You're too easy to tease, neko.'

Humming a new tune under your breath, you were too busy scanning the various stores around you to notice a guy trailing you. Suddenly, he quickly walked up to you, decreasing the distance between the both of you. The loud footsteps he's making has definitely caught your attention by now. Swiftly, you turned your body around, ready to show your stalker a lesson. You threw a punch in the unknown man's direction. Unfortunately, he managed to avoid your attack and caught your wrist instead, halting your movements.

Panic started to bubble inside you.
"What do you want? Let me go!"
You kept your voice to a minimum, not wanting to create a scene in public. Taking a look at the person closely, you noticed that he was middle-aged man. Aside from being a creep following a young girl like you around, he doesn't seem dangerous.

He seemed to finally take note of the situation he's in and quickly released his strong grip on you. You immediately used your free hand to rub your throbbing wrist, sighing in pain. Your wrist was burning red in the pattern of the man's fingers around them prior. You inwardly groaned,
'Shit, that's gonna leave a mark.'
Glaring at him, you awaited his explanation.

"I-I apologise, Miss! I didn't intend for that to happen!" He fumbled with the pocket in his pants, pulling out a tissue packet and handing it to you.
"P-Please take thi-"