'21' Hey, Mr. President...{Part Two}

Start from the beginning

“Okay,” he smiles at the squeak in my voice, ignoring the chorus of 'aww's' coming from the doorway as he kisses me, wiping my mind clean of any argument I'd been trying to think of.

Sparks and sensations so bright shoot through my body, making me dizzy with the lack of oxygen and none of it seems real. Could it all be over just like that? Can we actually live happily ever after, even after everything that's happened? Can I really have a happy home with friends, family, the man I love and our child, or is it all just too good to be true? Because it all seems like its a fantasy, a dream that I'll never reach.

“Do you think Jamie would be a bridesmaid?” How weird would it be if Kyle were my maid of honor?

-2 Months Later-

“Calm down, Katalina, breathe.” I just glare at her in the mirror, struggling to breathe in this death trap of a dress. How had I ever allowed my grandmother talk me into wearing this damn thing? Its cutting off all oxygen to my brain, not that there'd been much going there anyway, but jeez it might help a little if I could actually get a breath of air in. And it doesn't help that my body has decided to gain weight now, couldn't it have waited until after the wedding?

“Honey, if you don't breathe you're going to end up passing out and hon, that would just mess up your hair.” The amusement in her voice isn't lost on me and its only proving to make my nerves much worse. How could they all be so calm about this? I'm getting married here and they're all acting like its a normal occurrence. Hello people, there's nothing normal about any of this!

“I don't think I can do this, I'm going to hurl.” Oh god, how am I supposed to go out there in front of all those people and marry Dominic when I can't freaking breathe?! Good god, if I got out there I'm going to end up passing out before we get to the 'I do's' and end up embarrassing myself.

“Yes you can and you are. My brother is out there freaking out just as much as you are and you're not leaving him hanging, do you hear me?” Jamie snaps, hands on her hips, glaring at me. Yea, Kat think about that. Dominic's out there waiting to marry you, there's nothing to worry about.

Who am I kidding, there's plenty to worry about! What if I don't make to him and pass out, what if I throw up all over him when I actually get to him? What if I can't talk when I'm supposed to, what if I have to pee in the middle of it all? Oh no, there's too many things to worry about and I can't think straight long enough to list them all. Is this how every woman feels when they get married?

“Katalina, honey calm down. You just gotta get through this and then you're going on your honeymoon, think about that hon. Two weeks in Fiji away from everyone with Dominic and Casey, okay? Just think about that and you'll get through this.” Ha, as if.

“Right, there's no reason to worry about something going wrong, right? Everything's going to be perfect, I just need to calm down. I'm panicking for nothing, I just need to breathe.” The door opens and my dad walks in, looking very uncomfortable in his tux. I almost giggle at the distraught look on his face when he tries to re-fix his tie for the fourth time, almost.

“Everybody ready? Dominic's looking a little green so we might wanna get this thing going.” Yea, dad refuses to say the word wedding, why I have no clue, but its been funny watching him try to think of any other words to call this “thing” today.