'21' Hey, Mr. President...{Part Two}

Start from the beginning

“I think I might have, but-” He shushes me, tightening his hold on me when I try move away from his warmth. Good lord, I need to think and thinking with him so close is never a good idea. Because I always end up thinking very dirty thoughts and right now is really not the time.

“No buts, you love me, I love you and we're having a child together, you're making it all way too complicated.” Complicated is the only way to describe my life lately, no other word seems to even come close to the proper description of how screwed up my life has become.

“Dominic, you've already got Casey, I don't know the first thing about raising a child and I don't even know if I'm ready to have a child. Hell you've said before that you didn't another child for a couple of years so do you understand why I'm a little nervous about this?” What happened to keeping the baby no matter what? Maybe I'm just looking for any excuse to not have this baby, maybe I'm really just not ready for this.

“Yea, I guess I get it, but you know you could have talked to me about this before. Hell, Kat, I was scared to death you wouldn't want the baby.” Huh, maybe we should have talked about this a little sooner instead of both of us worrying for nothing.

“Okay, so where do we go from here? I mean after everything, all the trouble I've caused, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to be with me.” No matter how badly I wanted to reject the thought, it was there, and no matter how badly it hurt to think about I had to.

Shaking his head, Dominic lets out a little sigh of exasperation against the top of my head. “You're trying to get rid of me, aren't you? Don't you think that if I wanted to leave you for all the trouble that seems to follow you I would have done it already? Honey, if you can deal with my mom having tried to ruin your life and killing Richard then I'm the happiest man in the world. I was worried you wouldn't want anything to do with me because of all the shit she's done.” Well that's great and all, but that still doesn't tell me where we go from here.

“So what happens now? I mean you've got Casey and I really doubt raising a child in a house with Matt and Kyle is a good idea.” Just the thought of how corrupted the poor baby would become is enough to have me shaking in fright. “Dominic I don't have the money to move out on my own, so how are we going to-” His hand covers my mouth and he pulls me tighter into his chest, chuckling at my ear. I really do not see how any of this is funny.

“You're worrying too much. You know the offer to marry me is still open, and you can just move in with me and Casey if you're so worried about Kyle and Matt corrupting our child.”

“What about Alana? I don't want you to have more problems with her just because I'm pregnant.” AS if I actually care if Alana has a problem with me living with Dominic. So why did I bring it up? Am I so worried about what living with Dominic would be like? Hell, he's already practically moved into the house with Matt, Kyle and me so would living with him and Casey in their apartment really be that different?

“Alana can't do a damn thing about it and I know for a fact that she won't, so why don't you go ahead and tell me why you don't want to live with me.” Damn him for knowing me so well.

“Because I don't want you to feel like its your responsibility to marry me or anything just because I'm pregnant.” Why would I want to be with someone who only feels like they have to be with me because he got me pregnant? Even though I've never been more in love with someone in my life it doesn't mean I'd be so selfish as to make the rest of his life miserable because he doesn't actually want to be with me.

He groans, pulling back enough to frown down at me. “Baby you just don't get it, do you? I feel responsible, yes, because that's my child you're carrying and I don't want my son or daughter to grow up without me around. But that's not why I want to marry you, its part of the reason, but hell Kat, I've wanted to marry you since the day I met you.” His hands frame my face, eyes glowing with so many unhidden emotions that its enough to have stray tears falling down my cheeks. “Katalina, I love you, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, having as many kids as I can talk you into having. Nothing's ever gonna change that.”