one

september 3rd, 1994

~ athena's pov ~

dear diary,

hi!! it's athena, again. i know i write in here a lot but that's only because i have had nothing to do this whole summer. yeah, i have my dad and moony to hang out with, but i'm pretty sure they'd like to hang out with each other than have me interrupting. that's not me being petty, by the way, i'm really happy that they are hanging out a lot. i'd like moony to move in full time instead of staying who knows where trying endlessly to find a job. i just want people my age around me so i can hang out with them. i miss hazel, cedric, and the twins, weirdly enough. 

anyway, enough of me talking about how i have absolutely no friends, i have lots to write about regarding school tomorrow. i'm so nervous. the people in that school only really knows me for being a late bloomer, if you know what i mean. but, this year, they'll see me and not even notice me. i grew myself a more feminine body shape while being back home from hogwarts. i grew to be 5 feet and 5 inches, didn't grow that much in my chest area, but i can't say the same about my arse. i feel a lot more confident and feel beyond grateful for having the body i have now. i did feel very insecure in my earlier years at hogwarts because everyone started to grow what i have now a lot earlier than myself. i just can't way to feel as if i fit in.

my raging crush on cedric diggory is still present, don't think it went away. now that i come to think about it, i don't think this crush will go away any time soon. his fluffy light brown hair, his sharp jawline, the way the light gleams in his eyes is so perfect, along with literally everything about him. i don't only fancy him because of how he looks, though he isn't bad to look at. he brings out all the characteristics of a true hufflepuff. he's a fierce friend, kind, and so selfless. i really hope that he fancies me the way i fancy him. we would be the dream couple, in my opinion. i don't know we are like made for each other, all he has to do is realize it. i really hope you aren't judging me for being obsessive, but then again, how could you not be?! he's cedric fucking diggory for crying out loud. 

um.. anyways, i think i've shared too much information. i am going to pack my last things in my trunk, including you and go to bed because i get to go to hogwarts tomorrow!!

see you later,

athena.

-----------------

~ third person view ~

after athena puts away her exquisitely detailed crimson diary in her trunk, she takes out a pair of undergarments so she can get ready to shower. 

living in a house with a house elf is actually harder than it seems, especially when the house elf hates you because of your father. athena tries to ignore kreacher as much as she can, since he's nothing but mean to her. while walking down the dark and rigid hallway, athena bumps into a small figure. thinking it was wall, she completely ignored it but then... the wall talked to her?

"hello? turn around you dumb, worthless child. you ran into me"

of course. kreacher. she wanted to kick the tiny figure and bolt to her father, but she was braver than that. she can take unnecessary meaningless words from a stupid house elf. 

"i'm sorry kreacher. you are just really tiny and it's so dark that i didn't see you. maybe if you turned on these lights i would've seen you."

~ athena's pov ~

kreacher mocked my exact words and walked away. stupid house elf. i don't even know what my father did to him for kreacher to be a complete dick to me. 

all my problems with the fucking house elf left as i stepped into the shower and had the hot water hit my back. showering is one of the best times of my days. the way the hot water instantly makes my posture slack, how the steam danced off my skin, and just how the water vapor fogged up the mirror and i got to write my name over and over again until the mirror was fully cleaned. showering is the most simplest necessity that brings me joy and i am beyond grateful for it. the bathroom if where i can feel like myself, without making it weird. my obsession with feeling like myself in the shower is calm rather than weird. i don't know, i've always like the shower and it's really soothing.

sadly, the shower full of thoughts on hogwarts and steam had to come to an end. as time went by, i was already fully clothed in an oversized shirt and pajama shorts, under my covers thinking about how ecstatic i am to be arriving at my second home tomorrow evening. though i'm thrilled to arrive at hogwarts tomorrow, i'm anxious to know what new occurrences will appear in the new school year.

on the topic of school, who's going to be the new defense against the dark arts teacher? will it be someone like moony? or will it be someone like quirrell? i hope that it's someone like lupin. he was the best dada teacher ever. no other inputs will be needed to know that is a fact. 

as i drifted off into my slumber, my thoughts became uncontrollable. i started to think about fred weasley, which isn't really all that weird, since he is one of my best friends. but my thoughts started to talk about how his hair reflects the sun when he's practicing his swing for quidditch, how he has the best pranks, how his smile is always painted on his face, and how his laugh is contagious. this can't be happening. do i have a crush on fred weasley?

a/n : umm okay first chapter... how did i do? please remember to write your opinion (but pls stay kind) and maybe even vote if you like the chapter!! thank you for reading and i hope you enjoy how this story will play out <3