You walk through the door after the long day, taking your shoes off and slipping on your house slippers. Aizawa follows suit, stopping to pet Spooky on the head.
Aizawa walks into the kitchen and starts to prepare dinner for the two of you. Since many times Aizawa would have meetings or papers to grade after school, you and your dad would get home around 7pm.
You run down the stairs, passing the kitchen to head out to the backyard.
Seeing you pass, Aizawa asks, "Are you going to eat?"
"Not hungry." You say quickly, proceeding out to the back.
Aizawa sighs, knowing he can't win this battle.

You sit in the middle of the grass to meditate. Seconds pass. You try to connect with the trickling water of the fountain. Seconds pass. You try to connect to the whistling wind. Seconds pass. You begin to get frustrated. All that goes through your mind is the boy with an explosive quirk. As much as you despise him, you can't help but admire the way his fire burns and explodes so easily.
You think about his anger and how it works as fuel.
You push yourself up and get in a fighting stance. You jut your arm out sharply, flexing your hand. No fire.
You try with the other arm. Nothing.
You try it again. And again. Then again. Switching to your legs, you kick your leg out sharply. You do it again, exhaling while you do so. Nothing.
Your movements start to get sloppy as you begin to get angry. Your once balanced and breath aligned movements turned to shaky and aggressive ones.
'Why' You kick your leg out 'is this stupid' your slice an arm through the air 'fire' you turn kicking your leg in a fan motion 'not coming out?!?'
You rest your hands on your knees, panting.
"You're worthless." You say out loud about yourself.
"Nothing but a wannabe hero who can't even," you jab out an elbow, "use my quirk to its full potential."
A low growl rumbles in your throat as you wipe sweat off of your forehead. You start throwing in combinations of turns, jabs, kicks, and tricks. Nothing.
You scream with your mouth shut, letting yourself collapse onto the soft grass. You wait for your chest to slow it's quick rise and fall.

The door slides open, followed by the sound of approaching footsteps. Your dad lies down beside you, staring up at the night sky.
You keep your eyes closed, still catching your breath.
"You do know overworking yourself is only going to make things worse, right?" Aizawa speaks up.
"It's been more than seven years and I haven't managed to create even a spark. I think I'm beyond overworking myself." You reply.
"You're teaching yourself to control and manipulate an element all by yourself." Aizawa says. "That isn't easy. You can't be this hard on yourself."
"Everything else came so easy to me, Dad. It's frustrating when you could master an element within a couple of weeks and can't even form another in a span of years." An exasperated sigh leaves your lips.
Aizawa stands up and extends an arm, pulling you up.
"You listen to the wind's whispers. You read the water's ripples. You move with the earth's vibrations. And yet have never felt fire's fuel."
You let your father's words sink in. You've always made an effort to connect with three of earth's elements, completely forgetting about the fourth.
'But how does one connect with fire?'
"But right now, the only fuel you need is food." Aizawa says.
You laugh a little, and let your dad ruffle up your already messed up hair.

After a quick shower, you join Aizawa at the island.
"You mentioned your team lost in the training at school earlier, but how exactly did it go?" He asks, setting down his glass of water.
You sigh, "Ya know, the ticking time bomb in human form and future armored president, they were my partners."
Aizawa laughs a little, "Ahh Bakugou and Iida...I'm sure you all made an interesting team."
"I am almost certain even villains cooperated better than Bakugou, dad." I say.
He laughs at that, glad to see you in a better mood than your previous state out in the backyard.
You then go on to explain everything that happened in the training exercise, Aizawa listening intently.
After helping him clean up the kitchen, you give him a hug.
"Thanks for always calming me down, dad." You say with a smile, adding, "And for always being right."
He laughs, hugging you back, "It's what I do, kid. Now go to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a big day."
You walk up to your room and get into your bed, Aizawa turns off the light switch and lingers at your door.
"Good night, love you kid." He says.
"Love you too, dad."
And with that you drift off into a deep sleep.

You walk with Mina, trays in hand, over to your table. Kirishima calls out your names as you pass by where he sits with Denki, Sero, and...Bakugou.
Mina looks over at him with her friendly smile, "What's up Kirishima?"
"Hey Kiri!" You say.
Kirishima blushes slightly at the nickname, quickly composing himself he explains, "We forgot to get each other's numbers for the English group project."
"Oh right!" Mina says, setting down her tray and reaching for her phone.
You set your tray down next to Kiri's and pull out your phone. You don't fail to notice the daggers of eyes Bakugou throws your way. Ignoring him, you put your number in Kirishima's phone. After the three of you exchange numbers, you and Mina head back to your usual table.
As soon as the two of you leave, Denki reaches for Kirishima's phone.
"Dude! You just got two girls' numbers and a nickname!" Denki let's out.
Kirishima laughs, "One, it's for a project. And two, she's a friend. Maybe instead of eye goggling them, you should try to actually talk to them. It's manly."
Denki taps his chin, "Hmm maybe I will!"
Kirishima didn't miss Bakugou's directed glares, either.
"So what's got you angrier than usual?" Kirishima asks.
"I'm NOT angry!!!" Bakugou snaps back at him.
Denki mocks him by putting on an angry face and repeating, "I'm NOT angry!!!"
Sero chokes on his drink, laughing.
Kirishima muffles his laugh and turns to face his friend again, "You didn't talk at all after the combat exercise yesterday."
Bakugou's eyebrow twitches in annoyance, "If someone acted stupidly and ruined your chances of winning I'd doubt you be in a talkative mood, weird hair!"
"You-you're angry cause she saved your ass?" Kirishima says, unable to really comprehend this angry boy.
"She didn't save shit." He looks away with a frown plastered on his face. "I could've easily dodged."
"Bakubro, you didn't even know Midoriya was using his quirk." Denki says, adding, "That could've been bad since he can't really control it yet."
Bakugou gets up to say,  "I don't need saving. Not from her! Not from anyone!" and storms out of the lunch room.

From your lunch table you see the angry blonde get up and walk out of the room. You close your eyes, 'What a child.'
Tsu speaks up, "That was very selfless of you, yesterday."
Momo joins in, "After he risked you being collateral damage to his big explosion, you still pushed him out of harm's way."
You sigh a little, and say sarcastically, "I'm not going to lie, I kinda wish I hadn't." The girls let out laughs, agreeing.
"Either way it was pretty heroic." Mina says putting an arm around you.
You smile, and play around in a confident act, "Well I am at UA for a reason."
The girls laugh once again, making you realize how comfortable you've gotten around them in only a day.
The bell rings and you all walk up to class together, talking more about what happened yesterday in the other girls' teams.