| chapter 1 |

{Elizabeth's POV}

My eyes slowly start to flutter open as the car slows down, reversing into a space near a massive house, which I presumed was where we would be living now. I widen my eyes, processing the fact that we have now arrived and that this would be the beginning of our new life.

"Home sweet home, my sweet El." my father muttered to me as the car door swung open. My eyes were still sluggishly struggling to stay open from my nap, however I was still able to admire how pretty the front view of our new house looked. The entrance was surrounded by a pathway of daisies, calla lillies, and more variation of flowers. There were two trees that stood tall near our house, scattered with the most admirable pink, silky-soft leaves. The house itself looked huge, with the roof painted a dark oak brown, along with the door. The walls itself were coated in a creamy-white colour.

Just a few seconds after I was at the doorstep, I heard two car doors slam shut in synchronisation. On the left, was my middle sister Veronica who was around the same height as me, with short, purple vibrant hair. She was wearing a pink coat with brown hooded fur at the rim, with a dark grey belt strapping the coat. It had a golden star shape printed on it. Underneath her coat was a red tank top. Down below, she was wearing black leggings and brown leather boots. She was quite the fashion diva.

On the right, was our elder sister Margaret, who was just slightly taller than us. She had long, violet hair which reached down to her waist. The two front strands of her hair were slightly shorter, ending at just above her breasts. She had the same coloured eyes as Veronica, hazel. She was wearing a simple, cute black dress which went down to just below her knees.

"Learn not to slam the car door, Veronica. Father just got this!" Margaret exclaimed, huffing in annoyance after.

"You did the same!" Veronica responded angrily, clenching her fist as Margaret was casually strolling towards me and father.

"Girls, girls, settle down." father chuckled at the twos usual antics. He reached into his pocket for the house keys and slowly began to unlock the door. Whilst he was figuring out which key goes into the front door hole, I transitioned my attention towards the house next door. It was similar to ours, except the colour of the wall was different. It was more dark and mysterious, but I liked it.

"I wonder who our neighbours will be..." I thought to myself, my mind trying to imagine how they'd look like. Suddenly, the image of a familiar, tall silver-haired man I once knew crept into my mind. This made me shudder, a tear rolling down my cheek.

Father quickly glanced towards me. I don't know how long I had been in a trance, but as he placed his hand on my shoulder I escaped my day-dream, noticing the front door had already been opened and my sisters were no longer here.

"Sweetie, don't worry. He will not be here anymore." he whispered, emphasising 'he' rather coldly. It was as if father read my mind.

I sighed shakily, knowing that my new future was about to begin and that I had to forget about the past. I stepped inside, my eyes sparkling at the interior. The wide kitchen that I could now bake in properly (I had a passion for baking!), my room being enormous, the back garden being filled with my favourite flowers, and so much more! Father really outdid himself with this house, I hope we won't have to move again.

Hope.

{Timeskip: A few hours later}

A few hours had went by since I explored the house. Almost everything was unpacked, thanks to almost everyone chipping in. (Veronica, as usual, was mostly scrolling through instagram and live streaming about our new house.)

As most of us were on our phones, relaxing for a while, a knock was heard at the front door.

"A visitor already?" Veronica asked in astonishment, excitedly hopping out of her chair to rush over to the door to open it. However, as she was halfway through the long hallway, Margaret had blocked her from going any further.

"If anyone is going to be answering the door, it won't be you. You set a bad example." Margaret sighed.

Father cleared his throat, everyone looking towards him. "I think Elizabeth should answer it." he suggested, smiling at me afterwards. The two girls looked like they had just remembered something, and were practically shoving me towards the door.

I know what they were trying to do. When we were at my old house, I never socialized, never answered doors. I always isolated myself in my room and avoided interaction with anyone, thanks to a specific man. I guess new place means new change on my part.

I bit my bottom lip nervously, cursing myself out in my head. I twisted the door knob, and tilted my head down slightly to see a small boy, with messy blonde hair and bright green emerald orbs. He had a basket in his grasp, full of yummy treats which almost made my mouth drool.

"Hey, you must be our new neighbours!" he grinned. "I came to gave you guys a welcoming gift, seeing as my brothers were too selfish to do anything."

"O-oh, thank you." I stammered slightly, as he handed them to me. Our hands accidentally touched slightly, and I felt my face heat up in the matter of seconds, for some reason

"No worries. You're pretty, by the way." he chuckled. "My names Meliodas, if you need anything, let me know!"

"Mines Elizabeth, and thank you." I said, mentally celebrating myself for not stammering this time. We waved each other off as the door shut, however my face was still boiled from when he called me pretty and accidentally touched hands. I wonder why.

My stomach had this tickly feeling, but it felt nice in a way. They slowly began to disappear again as I placed the basket by the nearby table.

"Sooo, who was it?" Veronica questioned, circling her finger around her cup in interest.

"Neighbours. He gave us this treat as a welcoming gift." I quickly sat down again, going on my phone once again. I felt her confused expression as I sharply sat though, however I felt it was normal. I felt better interacting with someone for once.

"Well, it's getting late. Remember Ellie, we have school tomorrow." Veronica winked at me, skipping merrily up the stairs.

"I will wake you up when the time comes, don't worry about her." Margaret quickly responded, going after Veronica up the stairs. I faced towards my father.

"I'm proud of you for taking the mini step today, daughter." he muttered, pecking my forehead. I smiled slightly, something I was not able to do in a while.

"Go and rest, you have a big day ahead tomorrow."