The Brithweek Song

Start from the beginning

"Suggestions for Brithweek present for Trina. Andre, start us off." Tori said.

"Cheese," Andre said, confidently. We all stared at him in disbelief without saying anything. That made him change his mind. "Let's not do cheese." He said, crossing out the idea on the sheet of paper in front of him.

"Brittany?"

"Hair products. Shampoo, conditioner... And other things..." I trailed off when they looked at me in disbelief like they looked at Andre. "We'll keep thinking." I added.

"Robbie?"

"Lotion or various lotions." Robbie said.

Okay that's not at all good.

"Gross. Cat?"

"Well, for my last birthday, I thought my parents were going to get me a bike, but when I got home from school, my brother was trying to cut off his hair, so my mom-" Cat started.

"Jade?" Tori didn't want to hear the story and neither did anyone else. But no one could tell Cat that.

She's too... Sensitive.

"Yeah?" Jade asked, not even looking at anyone.

"What should I get Trina?" Tori asked.

"Talent."

"Oh, Jade is so pretty." Sinjin sighed, staring at Jade.

"3... 2... 1..." When Jade starting counting down, Sinjin grabbed his bag, and ran off. He was a weird kid, and was scared of Jade, like most people in this school.

"Does anyone have a good idea about a present for Trina?" Tori asked.

"You people give me a rash." Jade said as she grabbed her bag, and walked away from us.

"What kind of rash?" Rex called out her. I stared at him, wondering what goes through a puppet's head. Robbie's phone dinged, meaning he was getting a phone call.

Robbie picked his phone up. "Uh, it's my grandmother again." He groaned.

Rex laughed. "Who else would call you?"

Robbie shushed him, and placed the phone to his ear. "Hi, Mamaw... Ugh, another computer problem...?" Robbie asked. Cat giggled, and I held back a laugh. "No, Mamaw I was not being sarcastic... Mamaw, Don't- What? Mamaw, don't hang up on me." Robbie protested, but it was too late. The old women from the other line, had already ended the call.

"What's your grandmother bugging about?" Andre asked.

"Oh, she bought a stupid computer, and she can't figure out how to work it, so she calls me like ever 4 minutes for tech support." Robbie explained.

"Aw, that's cute." Andre smiled.

"It's not cute. I was at her house for 3 hours last night, and I have to go back again tonight. Will one of you come with me?" Robbie asked.

I turned away from, and continued eating my fruit. Robbie is my best friend, but I've been around his grandmother before. She criticizes me. A lot.

"Sure! I love old people. It's so cute how they shake when they pour their juice!" Cat said with a smile. Robbie and Rex shared a look.

"Hey, you know what that makes me think of?" Tori piped up.

"What?" Cat questioned.

"Nothing! Now what am I going to get Trina for her Brithweek?" Tori asked.

Sinjin came up behind her. "How about a a bobbelhead that looks like me?" He asked, moving the head.

"My dad's a cop."