Chapter 5 : Blood

You were hiding behind a pillar. Holding your breath and praying to god it didn't see you. Your body was soaked in blood, you could still hear the fiendish creature's mechanism in the background. Your sword broke and the wounds on your body wasn't helping either, the boy next to you however was in much worse shape, a big cut was slashed onto his stomach and he was groaning in pain, blood was oozing out as his hand did it's best to hold it in. "Here bite this" giving him a piece of cloth you ripped from your clothes you added some ice on his wounds "This is going to hurt a bit, don't scream", he jolted in pain but thankfully didn't scream instead biting as hard as he could on the piece of cloth.

Now it was your turn, the stings were burning you as you tore another piece of cloth off your clothing, you took a deep breath and gently added the ice on your wounds. Your skin was on fire, biting as hard as you could, suppressing the scream, the wounds were stinging so much tears started streaming down your face, you desperately wanted it to stop but there were more wounds to cover and you couldn't complain.

How did such a mess even come to be?

.
.
.

"So this is it eh?" Standing in front of a massive portal found deep within the snowy mountains of Shneznaya, Y/n and Scara were passing their hands through the transparent portal. "It's bigger then I thought, how do things not come out of it?" Scara mumbled to himself. "Welp shall we?" You asked while stretching your arms. "Been a while since I've seen something like this" you said nonchalantly.

Scara blinked. "You've seen other portals?" He was now looking at you with anticipation. "Of course I did, traveling around, cross worlds, there's always something new or something familiar, I've seen my fair share of portals, they were all so varied" You were still stretching your limbs "When we get back you have to tell me more." Chuckling to yourselves, you nodded at each other and walked through the portal.

A cold feeling ran past you and time seemed to freeze, blue swirls were all around you and Scara, the floor was nonexistent, it felt weird walking on nothing, it was like walking on eggshells, you didn't know if there was actual floor or if you were going to drop and die right then and there. Still both of you kept walking till you saw the other side.

Walking through it you were immediately struck with heat, you were met with a staircase, walking up, you could see a big and circular room, twice as big as your observatory, pillars circled around the room as you both walked in, Scara held you back "Careful N/n there could be some traps around here" You nodded and proceeded onwards. Walking along the walls, murals were drawn and ancient texte was written. Scara was extremely intrigued by this and started examining, observing and taking notes of everything, he seemed just like a kid. You wouldn't think he was older then you if you looked at him now.

You continued walking towards the center of the room.

A big red giant key slowly faded in the middle. The key was odd, it was levitating and strangely geometrical, sharp edges appeared instead of the usual round corners you were accustomed too.

"Scara?" You looked around to see where he was, but he disappeared. A bit of fear sunk into, and panic rose until suddenly, ornaments and bells could be heard farther away from you, there doesn't seem to be a big clash so at least you knew he was safe. A soft sigh escaped your lips. You didn't realize you walked so far away from him, turning your back from the key you went to find him.

Your body froze, what the hell? Turning your heels you walked straight towards the key, you couldn't move and anxiety rushed in. You panicked, an ominous feeling was in the room, whatever it was you can't touch that key, "Stop walking" you told yourself, you were getting closer and closer to the king and your body wouldn't listen, "Come on! Stop walking please!" You body was shaking but you couldn't stop. Closing your eyes you feared the worst.