Chapter 33: Mignon

Start from the beginning

"She overstayed her welcome and caused problems." Russia said, Canada looked down. "I-It's not your fault." He said. "It's more of mine really."

"Yours?" Canada questioned.

"D-Da." Russia scratched his head. "I'm sorry about her, about what happened. She gets a little to...involved with me and sees anyone as a threat, even Ukraine."

"She attacked Ukraine with knives too?"

"No!" Russia said. "She never tried to hurt Ukraine, but Belarus did whatever she could to keep her away from me, even when we were kids."

"Really? Even to Ukraine?"

"Da. Everyday."

"I-is that why you and Ukraine aren't that close?" Canada asked, he wasn't so sure if he should of asked it but he did. Russia blinked.

"W-What? No, that's not it." Russia said, Canada looked away at that. "We fell more apart after the Soviet Union broke up."

"Oh..." Canada said. He stretched out a bit and got more comfortable in the pillows, Kumajirou still relaxing on his lap, even falling asleep. Russia got up off the chair and cracked his neck a bit, it still wasn't comfortable.

"I'm going to get some coffee. You're going to stay in bed da?" He said, then kept talking before Canada could even say anything back. "If you need anything, you can ask me, da?"

"O-Okay." Canada said.

"Do you need anything?"

"No." Canada said.

"Do you want something for the pain?" Russia asked. "Surely you're in a lot of it." Russia could tell, the boy twitched and flinched every time he moved, he was in a lot of pain from that deep wound.

"N-no thanks."

"Are you sure? I noticed you don't take narcotics or drugs but it seems pretty necessary da?"

"I know." He said. "But no, I don't want any."

"You're a strange child." Russia said. Canada pouted.

"I'm not a child..." He mumbled. Russia smiled a bit before leaving the Canadian to rest more. He went down to join Ukraine and drink his coffee, he really needed it for the day. He was tired, but he didn't want to sleep, but at the same time he really wanted to sleep; ugh confusing. Russia shook his head and silently drank the coffee.

"G-Good morning, Russia, sir." Lithuania came into the kitchen. Russia looked up from his coffee.

"Good morning." Russia said, he was so tired his accent actually became stronger. Lithuania saw he wasn't in much of a mood for a conversation, he simply grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down across from Russia, Ukraine soon joined them with a bowl of cereal. Their breakfast was very quiet...

Russia needed to catch up on some country work, that was one of the things his boss talked to him about. Apparently if he didn't do it every second of every day, his country was screwed, or at least that's what his boss said. He really did need to catch up though; he sat in his study and looked over papers, checked e-mails, looked at charts and graphs, it all only made him bored, and more tired. Whenever he needed a break, he got up and checked on Canada, usually the boy was sleeping.

Before he knew it, it was getting dark. Night settled in as he barely finished his average amount of work. Russia sat back in his chair and sighed, well at least that's done, he would definitely sleep good tonight. "Russia." Ukraine peeked in, he turned to look. "I made dinner; soup, borscht."

"Oh thank you." Russia said. "I'll be down in a minute, you and Lithuania start eating."

"What about Canada?"