Winner Takes The Date

Start from the beginning

"THE SEEKERS SEEMED TO HAVE SPOT THE SNITCH EARLY ON, AND ARE SPEEDING AFTER IT THIS VERY SECOND! IS IT POSSIBLE FOR THEM TO END THE MATCH THIS EARLY?"

I was now fast approaching the Hufflepuff keeper, who looked much more imposing on her broom than she did on land. I raced up in the direction of the middle hoop in hopes of throwing her off, and my plan worked perfectly. The keeper flew up, and before she could realize my next move I threw a curveball, scoring in the left hoop.

"AND STONE SCORES, RAVENCLAW ARE NOW IN THE LEAD TEN TO ZERO!"

The crowd roared from the stands, and I could see the waving of banners intensify tenfold as I caught the quaffle after it flew through the hoop, the keeper hurling past me with too much momentum to stop herself.

My eyes darted back to the seekers as I flew back with the quaffle to get in a ready position. They were no longer chasing something, and again were aimlessly circling above the main game.

The quaffle was back in Madam Hooch's arms, as Davies and Burrow assumed formation along my side.

"READY?!" Madam Hooch yelled, and I gripped my broom tighter.

The wind was furiously lashing at us now, and I felt myself fight against it to remain still.

Hooches shrill whistle rang out once again, and the quaffle soared upwards. This time Roger Davies dove for it, and caught it right in front of a Hufflepuff chaser, their brooms almost clashing together.

"Burrow get open!" I roared at the top of my lungs in the direction of the Ravenclaw chaser nearest to me as I sped towards the hoops.

"AND BURROW SEIZES THE QUAFFLE IMMEDIATELY, NOW IM SUPPOSED TO REMAIN IMPARTIAL, BUT THIS GAME ISNT LOOKING GOOD FOR HUFFLEPUFF!"

I struggled against the wind, noticing a blue blur which I assumed was Cho whizzing maniacally after something, Cedric's yellow blur chasing after her, at least a good 20 feet between them.

I looked back ahead and sped parallel to Randolph. Roger was on the other side of him, perfectly open for a pass. Behind me was a Hufflepuff chaser, who I could make out to be Heidi Mcavoy. She was hot on my trail, and passing to me would be foolish and could risk us the possession of the quaffle.

"WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT, CHANG AND DIGGORY HAVE SPOTTED THE SNITCH AGAIN!"

Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw a rogue bludger whizzing towards me. With barely any time to think I plunged downwards, avoiding the bludger by mere inches. Heidi wasn't so lucky, as the bludger crashed into her stomach, the contact-making a loud thud, followed by a pained oof from Heidi, sending her flying off her broom at least twenty feet off the ground.

"OH, WHAT A NASTY HIT! "

Letting her plummet was always an option of course, and the game could've continued in our favour, but of course, I wasn't the kind of person to let her get seriously injured. I quickly reversed my broom and targeted the spot Heidi would be flying through within the next three seconds. This was my one chance to catch her, and I was dead set on making sure I didn't fail. I gripped the broom handle tighter, and for a brief moment, it felt like time slowed. I let go with my left arm and braced for impact.

I shut my eyes only for a split second, my breath hitching in the back of my throat.

WHAM

I felt Heidi's unconscious body fall straight into my lap as I opened my eyes.

"AND STONE CATCHES HEIDI IN MIDAIR!!! "

The crowd cheered louder than I thought possible as I landed on the pitch, Heidi drooped in my arms.

"AND CHO CHANG CATCHES THE SNITCH!" I heard Lee practically scream into his microphone.

I looked back up, and sure enough, Cho was holding the snitch high above her head. Despite her being at least one hundred feet away, I could still make out a large grin on her face.

My team landed shortly after me, and Hagrid helped carry Heidi to the hospital wing, followed by the Hufflepuff team. We on the other hand were met with a stampede of students and staff cheering for us. Among them, however, I saw a clump of squealing girls swarming one person in particular. His eyes lit up upon seeing me, and he quickly pushed past his fans.

"Hi Vincent," I said, feeling a small blush creep its way onto my cheeks.

"Merlin's beard Y/n, didn't know you could really play! " He exclaimed jogging over.

Of course, he was brilliantly dressed, looking classy sporting a blue overcoat and an elegant beige blazer. His checkered pants were held up high on his thin waist by an elegant leather belt. Dark and shaggy curls loosely framed his chiselled face, and his freckles were more prominent against his olive skin than I remembered.

"And what's that supposed to mean." I chuckled, crossing my arms defiantly as he stopped in front of me.

"Nothing bad." Vincent smiled, showcasing his row of pearly teeth. "I just thought... oh never mind."

"Never mind what?" I cocked my eyebrow, feeling nonplussed at how casually he was just standing in front of me.

The crowd of girls following him were now circled around us, and some guys who were evidently fans as well.

"So you wrote to me about a Hogsmeade trip happening next weekend," Vincent nervously ran a finger through his silky hair.

"Yeah, I recall something like that." I snickered, feeling a wide grin spread on my face.

"Well, I was wondering if you would like to meet up there." He said, letting out a small nervous cough.

This was met with loud "oohs," from the crowd of spectators around us.

"As in a date?" I asked, my jaw nearly unhinging.

"Would you say yes if I said yes?" Vincent smiled sheepishly, his brown eyes sparkling with anticipation.

"Well," I stammered for a moment, "Yes."