Winner Takes The Date

Start from the beginning

"Is that the best I'm going to get?" Oliver continued to grin.

I nodded.

"Alright, here."He slid the mug with warm coffee towards me.

I quickly grabbed hold of it, as though in fear of him changing his mind. The ceramic felt warm against my cold hands. I took a large gulp, feeling the satisfying bitterness hit my tastebuds.

I felt Oliver's eyes fixed on me, a small goofy smile playing on his lips. For a moment I looked back and smiled as well, simply staring into his hazel eyes, a warm feeling surging in my stomach again. I took another sip of coffee, my eyes still fixed on Oliver's.

"Could I finish this," I asked, cheekily grinning.

"Hm, I don't know Stone," Oliver said, not breaking eye contact.

"What if I ask nicely?" I took another small sip, and Oliver comically scrunched his face in thought.

"Is that even possible?" He frowned through his smile.

"Please?" I frowned back, trying my hardest at puppy dog eyes.

Oliver hesitated for a moment, "Oh alright, just this once, and only because you have a game today."

"Thank you, Woody." I cooed, my smile so wide, that I could feel a pleasant pain in my cheeks.

~~~~

As I suspected the wind was furiously whipping at my clothes as I stepped onto the field. I could see ahead of us was the Hufflepuff team, headed by a tall handsome boy in his fifth year. Cedric Diggory. I have observed him on the field on numerous occasions, and he was a superb seeker no doubt. Cho was good of course, but I couldn't help but worry about her ability to bear Cedric. Had it been Anna I wouldn't have worried a single bit, as she was one of the best seekers I have seen in a while, but alas she graduated and thus was no longer on the team.

"And out come the two teams, and my oh my the crowd today is insane!" Lee's commentary rang out across the loud cheers of the crowd. "Not to mention the star quidditch player that came all this way to watch the match!"

What? I looked up at the stands, despite knowing they were too high up for me to make out anyone's face.

"That's right, the Vincent Ford of Puddlemere United has come to cheer Ravenclaw on!" Lee cheered, and my heart skipped a beat.

Could it be possible he came all the way to Hogwarts to see me play? I felt myself blush at the thought alone.

Madam Hooch stood imposingly in the middle of the field as per usual; her whistle tightly clenched between her thin lips.

"Ready, on your marks!" She bellowed as we positioned ourselves in preparation for liftoff."Begin!"

Fourteen brooms flew into the air. It was much chillier than I initially anticipated, but this fact was quickly overturned due to the blood rushing in my body. I could feel the adrenaline coursing in my veins, as I saw the quaffle fly upwards.

"AND THEY'RE OFF!" Lee roared, excitement seeping from his loud cry.

I instantaneously felt myself charge at it as by default, and caught the young Hufflepuff chaser off guard, because the girl closest to the quaffle hardly moved, and looked rather startled. The leather ball hit my stomach with a loud mpfh noise as I caught it with my left arm. I clutched onto it for dear life as I raced for the Hufflepuff goalposts, and I could hear the swooshing noises of the enemy chasers behind me.

"AND STONE WITH THE QUAFFLE, A QUICK STEAL AS USUAL! LOOK AT HER GO!"

A bludger furiously zoomed right in front of my face, missing my nose by merely a few feet as I propelled myself forward as fast as my Nimbus Two Thousand let me. With the corner of my eye, I saw it trail Cho Chang, who seemed to have a lead on the snitch, with Diggory hot on her trail.