Chapter 2: The Assault on Port Dia

Start from the beginning

"We cannot let her attack Corrin head on it's a death sentence." Takumi said. Another soldier came running in, "Lord Takumi, we have an emergency." Takumi turned towards the soldier, "what is it now." The soldier calmed himself before he spoke, "more Nohrian reinforcements are coming into the battle they are being led by Princess Camilla of Nohr." Takumi looked down in shock, "no! We have to push them towards the center now! Forget about stopping Sakura, we have to push them into the town now.." Another soldier came rushing in, "Milord Hinata has sent a request for reinforcements, Princess Camilla's retainers are breaking through his front lines." Takumi cursed himself. As the battle progressed, Sakura managed to break through the paladin battalion stationed to protect Corrin. She healed a soldier back to full strength. "Milady!" shouted a soldier, Sakura turned her head to her side to see, archers lined up in sync behind a light blue haired girl. 'I cannot believe it.' "A-Azura." Sakura said. Azura didn't make eye contact. "I'm sorry we have to fight, Sakura, when I heard you and Takumi I wanted nothing more than for you not to see me." 'Was Takumi right? Are all Nohrians so heartless like the faceless.' "After we have given you everything." Azura closed her eyes. Then she looked up after hearing a bow string go back. She saw Sakura pointing a arrow at her. "I am no longer your sister."

Azura said nothing she drew her blessed lance, "I am sorry we have to fight like this." Sakura's left eye twitched with anger, "no you are not! Traitor! Takumi was right you were not my sister after I gave you my love! I bet those scary stories you used to tell me where for me to become a shy princess isn't it!?" Azura was about to talk but was cut off by Sakura, "and your apologies are empty, they mean nothing." She was about to shoot when Hoshidan forces started running away screaming as paladins came racing in behind Corrin. "Milady we need to run, Hana was defeated and forced to retreat!" One general said. "Silas a knight of Nohr bested Hana and made her retreat, we are in a terrible place, Hinata is also losing the right wing." Another Hoshidan general said. "Stay strong make Subaki come and reinforce us, I must kill Corrin no matter the cost!" Sakura yelled. "Princess you mustn't stay here." The general said. 'This cannot be happening. It can't.' Sakura grabbed her head as throbbing pain made her get angrier. She growled, "curses. Fine we must fall back towards the pegasus knights!" 'This isn't over Corrin.' She ran with the general. Oboro was also forced to retreat as Princess Camilla rained down upon the Hoshidan Forces with no mercy. She kept running and soon she met up with Subaki. "Lady Sakura this is terrible, Hinata retreated it's just Lord Takumi, you and I on this one." Sakura's retainer said. "And your regiment?" she said, "they were forced to retreat, arrows rained upon us not so long ago." Sakura grabbed her head, 'those archers behind Azura.' She cursed herself. 

Takumi came running as he halted in front of the two. "This is bad our forces are either injured or dead, I cannot fathom how we came to be defeated." Corrin's forces were just a few how could she ward of the invasion? Paladins surrounded the streets to block the Hoshidan Army, Subaki, Takumi, Sakura, and the 3 Hoshidan generals and a few soldiers remained. Corrin walked up with Camilla and Elise. Takumi couldn't help but close his eyes and grit his teeth as a bead of sweat dropped from his forehead and down his cheek. "Dammit. This is unacceptable! We can't push forward with so many of our troops injured! This can't be happening." 

Azura came in behind the gray haired boy and a guy with a eyepatch. "Azura?!" Takumi said more shocked that he was actually right, "Last I heard, you were taken by Hoshidan soldiers. Ryoma worried himself sick planning your rescue. I told him it was pointless. And you proved me right, you Nohrian traitor. You should be ashamed." Azura said nothing, "I always knew this would happen. That's why I never trusted you. Didn't you always wonder? Had I known your betrayal would come so swiftly, I'd have killed you myself. Still, I should have pressed Ryoma harder to banish you years ago." Takumi growled at the light haired girl.

Corrin walked a little closer, "Please listen to reason, Takumi, Sakura. You've lost this battle." Sakura wanted to draw her arrow so badly right now and shoot her right then and there but she knew she would be taken out in a fell swoop if she did so. 'This can't be TRUE how did we go wrong.' "Do your soldiers a favor and order them to retreat out of this port immediately. You may all keep your lives and your dignity if you leave now." Corrin said. 'I can't believe she is sparing us! She has to be doing it to show me! I was pathetic! She knows and she is giving me a second chance to make myself a fool!' The nerve! Takumi frowned, "Hmph, it's a first to see Nohrians showing mercy. They don't know what is it." Corrin looked down, "you should take this as a sign that not all Nohrians are bad and evil." 

'Evil? Every Nohrian is evil, so inhumane they will kill us after this I know it.' Sakura thought, then she stepped in front of Takumi. "Tell me, Corrin," Sakura said gaining the look of the Nohrian princess, and a suprised face from Takumi, "how is it lies come so easily to you? Your words mean nothing in light of all the innocent Hoshidan lives you took. Including that of our dear mother, or have you forgotten your part in her murder? Yet after all that, you still have the gall to claim you aren't a savage. Pathetic." She said clenching her teeth so hard she could break them if she so wanted too. Princess Camilla then talked, "My, what a rude little girl you are. I should beat some manners into you. Take back what you just said, or that's exactly what I'll do." Corrin put a hand in front of her, "it's okay Camilla I deserve her hate" The NERVE! Sakura had it, "Do not say that! Deep down you want to make us trust you so that you can do the same thing you did to us back then. But we are not stupid." The Hoshidan princess grabbed her festal and clenched it hard, so hard, that it snapped into two, gaining the shock of the Hoshidan generals and soldiers, "If you hadn't come back into our lives, Hoshido would still be at peace. Mother... all those innocent townspeople... they would still be alive. They wouldn't have-" Sakura yelled in pain, "NOOOO!" Sakura grabbed her head and collapesed on the ground. "Milady!?" Subaki said with concern, Corrin was about to help her when Takumi stood in front of Sakura, "do not touch her Nohrian filth! See what you have done to her. The worst pain. Get out of my face!" Sakura squeezed her head as Subaki and a Hoshidan general tried to pick her up.

"M-my head... the pain is-" she screamed again as she grabbed her head even tighter. Takumi grabbed his Fujin Yumi tighter, "Don't think this means you've won. This is only the beginning! Ryoma has already found the Rainbow Sage and received his power. You're no match for him now, even with the whole vile Nohrian army behind you! And I'm getting stronger, too!" Takumi said as he and Sakura retreated. 

'Mark my words Corrin. Soon I'll be unstoppable. One day you'll beg me for death, and I will happily grant you.' The Hoshidan princess thought. She and Takumi left Port Dia it was a utter failure. "How will we reach Cheve now Milord." Oboro said to Takumi at the boat. "We have to dock somewhere else, we have to help the rebellion if we wish to win this war." Takumi said to his retainers and a Hoshidan general. They all nodded they knew what needed to be done. Hinata and Oboro walked out, but before the Hoshidan general could get out Takumi stopped him. "General how dare you attack enemy lines like that!" The Hoshian general shook his head, "Princess Sakura ordered the attack, she wasn't in her right mind." Takumi would be furious about people talking bad about her little sister but the general was right. "You noticed it too?" the swordsmaster nodded, "yes milord. It seems she isn't herself no more. She has become too-" Takumi interrupted, "aggressive."