Realization hits you when you remember Kageyama keeping the chocolates meant for Hinata. A shy smile forms on your face and you feel your cheeks heat up. You're moved by Kageyama's intentions.

"You made this specially for me?" Your eyes flick up to Kageyama. He avoids your eyes and nods his head.

"It won't taste as good as the ones you made but..." His words leave him and his eyes waver. Kageyama is incredibly nervous for no reason. They're just chocolates. It's not as if he watched several videos and bought a book on how to make chocolates. Or that he stayed up all night trying to make them.

You reach for a piece of chocolate and softly giggle when you see that they're heart shaped. A few are shaped as bunnies and ribbons. Biting half of it, you offer the other half to Kageyama.

He quietly eats the piece you offer him. To your surprise the center is filled with caramel. Your eyes brighten in surprise and you can't help but gasp.

Kageyama is definitely too humble. His chocolate surpasses yours by far.

"Did you really make these?" You reach into the bag for another piece to eat.

"Of course! You should see the mess I left behind." Kageyama shyly retorts back. He pretends to be angry when he replies to Y/L/N but his fake anger evaporates when he sees the smile she wears when she eats another piece of chocolate.

"I wasn't expecting to get chocolates this year but..." You raise your eyes up from the chocolate to look at the tall volleyball setter. Kageyama is definitely becoming someone you can confide to and lean on.

His presence lately has been refreshing.

"You're the first..." Kageyama parts his lips to speak while you idle on your words. "The first person I gifted a present to on White Day."

You blink in surprise, your lips parting slightly. He innocently scrunches his nose and the tips of his ears redden. You've never seen him react like this before. You didn't know Kageyama could have such a soft side.

For you, he's your second. But for him, you're his first. Being his first in something makes you shy and flustered.

You cover your face in response.

What's going on between you two?

You're both too nervous for nothing.

"W-Why are you getting flustered for Y/L/N?" Kageyama stammers out with pink cheeks.

"I'm overwhelmed. To think I'm the first person you've gifted...it's too big of an honor for a person like me."

"A person like you? You speak as if you aren't my friend Y/L/N. Who else would I make chocolates for?"

Pulling your hands away, you muster the courage to look at Kageyama again. "Your future girlfriend? Which will only happen if you make the time for it." You lightly jab him with your words. A playful smirk forms on your face, erasing your shyness. Kageyama scoffs and rolls his eyes. "That's the last thing on my mind."

A comfortable silence falls between the two of you and you finally say a thank you for the chocolates. "Well...thank you for the chocolates Kageyama. It definitely brighten my mood." A smile forms on your lips and Kageyama nods in response.

You don't expect him to say you're welcome or anything of the sort. But he surprises you yet again.

"You're welcome." He mutters under his breath, his eyes cast to the side. He startles when he feels the back of your hand touch his forehead. "What are you doing?"

"Checking to see if you have a fever." You mumble out. His temperature feels normal. "You're not being yourself. When on earth have you ever said you're welcome? Last time it was a sorry. Am I slowly breaking through to you?" You joke around but Kageyama looks alarmed from your words.

He takes your words more meaningfully and you notice his face pale over. You furrow your brows from his reaction. Before you can apologize for your horrible joke, Kageyama sprints off.

Why did he freak out like that?

Kageyama cuts the corner of the building and stops his running pace. He slaps a hand to his chest and clenches his shirt.

The fear of Y/L/N noticing his feelings scared him off. All Kageyama can hear is the sound of his heart racing. He needs to be more wary of his actions around Y/L/N. The last thing he wants to do is worry her with his emotions.

She's much too busy with school and work to think about love again.

Besides, Kageyama needs to find a solution to her apartment searching before the end of the semester.

If he had to be honest to himself. Not being able to see Y/L/N like this will make him depressed. She's becoming a bigger part of his everyday life as the days go by. Now that he's accepted his feelings for her, he's more aware of how much he depended on her.

More than she'll ever know.