Hogsmeade pt. 2

Começar do início

"Don't be such a bastard, Remmy, that's just going to add onto the nightmares I'll end up having." She huffed, crossing her arms.

"I'm sorry I know, according to Severus, I am a twat as well." He replied wryly, almost self-deprecatingly. "Everything will be fine, Cess, Harry is a smart boy and he has an even smarter, more protective, beautiful-"

"Alright, you charmer, that's enough of that." She pressed a hand to her heated cheeks and wrinkled her nose at him.

"I sometimes wish I had never allowed him to return to Hogwarts." Cecily said after a few moments. Remus hummed and raised his brows in slight disbelief.

"All of us would have returned to England sooner or later. Severus had his teaching position and Harry would've come here to see James and Lily and Godric's Hollow- not now maybe, but definitely when he's older, he would've come here." He replied.

Cecily remained silent, knowing that the man was right. The dangers her son would know were inevitable it seemed; the most she could do is help him and support him along the way.

"What else has been happening there, Love?" Remus asked, looking at her quizzically. Although he couldn't smell her emotions, he could still read her face when she was particularly upset about something.

The witch grimaced. Too much was happening in such a short amount of time and that was the problem. She had initiatives to go over for the new Unspeakables, projects to oversee and rooms to reset and fix, a board meeting and a court meeting, avoiding/burning missives from Dumbledore, and she had to check on Death Eater activity. She told Remus as much and watched as his jaw comically dropped by her workload.

"I'd help you if I could, but you know how the Ministry hates my kind." He replied, soothingly. "If you'd like though, I could help you with your paperwork? Be your little assistant?" He grinned and wiggled his eyebrows salaciously.

Cecily smiled and rolled her eyes at him.

"Are you looking for a job, Remmy?" She questioned seriously. She would offer him a job if he wanted one, but wasn't going to push him.

Remus shrugged and sighed lightly; his expression a little downtrodden and anxious.

"I would love to do something besides clean the house for a millionth time," He paused to rake a hand through his already unruly hair, "I just- I don't kn-"

"I would hire you as an independent assistant, Remus, don't worry." Cecily interrupted. "You wouldn't have to deal with anyone from the ministry except for me and maybe one or two of my Unspeakables, and you'd be paid for your work as well."

Remus rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "I'll think about it." He said and smiled wryly at her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hogsmeade

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hogsmeade was just as bustling with wizards and witches as it was when Harry first came for his school supplies. The twins immediately lost themselves in the crowd, beelining towards Zonko's Joke Shop; no doubt to get supplies for pranks for later. Blaise took Theo and Ron to go get some treats at Honeydukes, leaving Harry with Draco and Marcus.

"Bring me back some chocolate, will you?" Harry called out as they started to walk away. Ron smiled and gave him a thumbs up.

"You're addicted to that stuff I swear." Draco muttered, brushing invisible dirt off of his cloak. He wrinkled his nose and sneered at the thought of the rich and creamy confectionary.