Goblins in the dark

Start from the beginning

"Wait!" I shouted, making my way to the front of the crowd.

Well, well, well, look who it is. Thorin son of Thrain, son of Thror; King under the Mountain."

The Great Goblin king bows exaggeratedly to me, making it painfully obvious he meant no respect.

"Oh, but I'm forgetting, you don't have a mountain. And you're not a king. Which makes you nobody, really. I know someone who would pay a pretty price for your head. Just the head, nothing attached. Perhaps you know of whom I speak, an old enemy of yours. A Pale Orc astride a White Warg."

I looked up in surprise and disbelief.

"Azog the Defiler was destroyed. He was slain in battle long ago." I growled out.

"So you think his defiling days are done, do you?"

The king turned to a small goblin, "Send word to the Pale Orc; tell him I have found his prize."

The tiny goblin wrote down the message on his slate; cackling, he then pulled a lever, causing his basket to start sliding down a system of ropes and pulleys into the darkness.

All of a sudden he turned to look behind us in horror as a blast of fire can from behind, and a figure could just be seen walking out of the flames.

"No! It can't be!" The King whimpered, walked slowly back to his throne

The figure soon become clear to who they were, causing me to sigh in relief, something I didn't think I'd be able to do with them around.

(Y/n)'s POV

I emerged from the cloud of fire, little trick I found out I could do.

"And who am I great king? A nobody as well?" I taunted.

Pulling my hood down, I received gasps both from Dwarves and goblins, both shock and relief.

"Ah, (Y/n)....strange to see you so far from the border" The king tutted, looking me up and down wearily.

"I travel from time to time" I smirk and I put my hand in the hilt of my sword, making my way to the front of the crowd.

"Now before I burn this filthy place to ash, I insist that you let these Dwarves go, on a bit of a schedule" I gave a tight smile, holding my stance.

I could feel an inner tug and whisper in the dark, it was fading but still apparent.

Something that I have not felt for a very long time.

"And why would you, associate yourself with Dwarves, I'm surprised they haven't attempted to kill you" He laughed whilst the Dwarves looked in confusion - except for Oin, Balin and Kili, the three Dwarves who know who I am.

"Ohhhh, you haven't told them, guess they don't know about you know who either" he gloated, adding to the Dwarves confusion.

"They need not know about you know who, I have put my past behind me" I
Growled, fully ready to chop his head off.

"Ah, but your past can never truly be behind you (Y/n).....or should I say....THE LONLEY DRAGON!"